Project Surveyor – Land
Fugro USA Land
As the Project Surveyor, you will provide field and office operational survey services in support of land and water-based projects. This role will be responsible for the set-up and operation of survey equipment on, and/or leading projects of medium to high complexity.
- Participate in bathymetric survey and geophysical projects from inception to completion
- Operate land, bathymetric, and geophysical survey equipment for completion of survey projects
- Act as lead hydrographer/field supervisor for Coastal survey projects
- Participate in and/or manage conventional land RTK GPS topographic surveys as needed
- Assume Party Chief responsibilities when leading survey crews on projects when assigned
- Provide field leadership in integrating new technologies
- Maintain inventory of all geophysical, bathymetric, and land surveying equipment
- Process data for QC at the end of each survey day to ensure data integrity
- Process and review survey data collected in the field to ensure project requirements are met
- Assist Project Manager with other project reporting tasks as needed
- Produce digital and hard copy data files for delivery to client, and any other required deliverables
- Ensure accordance to company standards, industry standards, QHSSE policy and local regulations
- Ensure all established field procedures are follows and that they uphold Fugro’s standards of data collection
- 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Bachelors’ degree in Hydrographic Science, Marine Science, Ocean Engineering, Oceanography, or related field of study is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing survey projects (bathymetric, geophysical, topography, etc,) is required. Basic knowledge of land survey is a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licenses with an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Possess or have the ability to obtain credentials for offshore work, e.g. Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC), Complete water survival course, and additional basic training
- Strong knowledge of inertial navigation systems, geophysical instrumentation, bathymetric echosounders, land-based survey equipment (Total Stations, RTK GPS, etc.) a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, geophysical software, hydrographic software, GIS software (i.e., Hypack, Sonarwiz, etc.)
- Knowledge of data analytical tools, basic computer programming a plus
- Knowledge of computer hardware components, networking interfaces for integrating geophysical and positioning sensors
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law supplement poster