Hughes Network Systems, LLC
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Writer to work within our Publications department. We are looking for a candidate who is a team player, great communicator, detailed oriented, and can manage multiple competing proposals. This position is located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Proposal support
- Analyze RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs to determine proposal requirements
- Create proposal templates, outlines, and compliance matrices
- Work with proposal team to develop proposal strategy and compliance as well as conciseness and clarity
- Attend compliance reviews and identify gaps
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts to formulate the identified gaps
- Advise on messaging and creative content
- General support:
- Proofread and format technical manuals, reports, letters, presentations, tables, graphics, and other materials based on established department guidelines.
- Track progress of assigned projects and coordinate with other staff as necessary to comply with shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Perform quality control checks to produce documents that meet department standards.
- Fill in as needed in other areas of the department.
- Must be available to work overtime at least one night per week and one weekend per month.
- Bachelors degree in English or related field
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Advance experience in Microsoft Office, especially Word.
- Great reading comprehension and an ability to transform language dense with technical details into something clean and comprehensible.
- A passion for proofreading, writing, and discussing the intricacies of both with your colleagues.
- Legible handwriting in case you need to proofread the old-fashioned way.
- Ability to adhere to a professional style guide (preferably Chicago).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office. Formatting and proofreading in Word and PowerPoint should be second nature.
- Experience collaborating with technical experts and senior staff.
- Ability to manage your time well and work independently.
- Strong organizational and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and stay punctual. Meeting deadlines is essential.
- Familiarity with Excel is a bonus
- Enthusiasm for debating punctuation, grammar, and word choice.
- An opinion on the Oxford comma.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.