PSCOE Interface and Design Manager*
Job DescriptionThe purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This position has oversight of a specific area, and acts as a representative of the department ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as a technical authority on assigned projects or performs engineering assignments of any complexity.
• Translate global strategic initiatives into procedures to be implemented on projects
• Act as a leader in applying Cost Competitive Execution techniques and develop the most cost- effective total project solution for the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including workforce forecasts
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and twenty (20) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Professional registration and active participation in technical society
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
• Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
• Managing and leading a large project
• Project set-up, developing control-level schedules, progress reporting and project close-out
• Practical field experience
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
Preferred Qualifications• Applicable professional certification(s) or license(s)
• Experience should be primarily in the area of material management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent computer literacy and skills
• Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
Other Job Requirements• Proactively manage change
• Act responsively and timely
• U.S. citizenship
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
BenefitsFluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.