Kenneth Crosby, a DXP Company
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of the Pump Mechanic include, but are not limited to:
- Receive, disassemble, inspect, repair, fabricate, paint, package/prep pumps as well as other related rotating equipment.
- Safely load, unload, and move equipment as needed
Qualifications of the Pump Mechanic include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in pump and or rotating equipment repairs, but not limited to:
- Ability to read pump sectional and machine drawings. Read and comprehend OEM pump manuals.
- Disassembly, inspection, ability to write up a detailed rotating equipment report to all necessary repairs and or replacement parts needed. Ex: assembly prep, assembly, pneumatic pressure testing of assembled equipment, painting of finished repair and final inspection.
- Safely use hand, power, pneumatic and hydraulic tools
- Experience with Pneumatic and Hydrostatic testing of parts and equipment
- Experience with Mechanical seals including but not limited to:
- Ability to read and understand mechanical seal drawings, mechanical seal removal, installation, and pneumatic pressure testing when necessary preferred
- Ability to properly use various types of precision measuring equipment
- Experience or knowledge in NDT as in PMI, Dye Pen, and Mag Particle testing
- Experience and ability to use safely lifting devices such as cranes, forklifts, and rigging.
- Experience or knowledge in welding preferred
- Experience or knowledge in dynamic balancing of rotating components is preferred
Physical Demand: Able to lift 50lbs
Working Conditions: Open Air Shop
Shift Time/Overtime: Day Shift, overtime is required
Education: High School Diploma
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V