PUMP REPAIR MECHANIC
Plant-N-Power Services, LLP
As a Pump Mechanic, you will repair, fabricate, and troubleshoot centrifugal and reciprocating pumps gears, diaphragms, gear reducers, and related rotating equipment. In this role you will also disassemble, inspect, and repair a variety of rotating equipment including, single and multi-stage centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, reciprocating pumps, metering pumps, gear reducers, blowers, vacuums and pressures, mechanical seals, and many other types of equipment, as well as install equipment using manufacturer specifications to ensure proper alignment balance and tolerances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble a variety of pump equipment to customer, OEM, and industry standard specifications.
- Examine pumps for malfunction and to locate damage or wear, such as misalignment of pump shaft, slippage of drive belt, worn bearings, or need for lubrication.
- Observe the operation of pumps for heat and vibration of parts to detect cause of malfunction.
- Investigate and determine root cause failure.
- Dismantle pumps and perform repairs, such as cleaning impellers, repacking stuffing boxes, tightening glands, and replacing bearings using hand tools.
- Review list of parts with Service Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Repair damaged equipment.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Complete final testing and inspections.
- Create an accurate and legible Parts and Repair list for assigned fleet equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Possess advanced mechanical aptitude with at least 3 years’ experience working with rotating equipment (mainly pumps) including but not limited to API and ANSI Pumps, centrifugal and plunger pumps, all brands of centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps, gear pumps, diaphragm pumps, H-pumps, gear boxes and rotary valves (Preferred).
- The ideal candidate must be able to read pump sectional and machine drawings and be able to read and comprehend IOM and BOM pump manuals.
- Proficiency with precision measuring instruments.
- Experience with alignment methods and tools including laser alignment (Preferred).
- Have the ability or learn to read and interpret mechanical drawings and service manuals and possess the ability to work with basic math.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools, and precision measuring instruments.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.