Tulkoff Food Products, Inc.
We are looking for a Purchasing Specialist to assist with the procurement of ingredients and packaging for our two locations.
- Manage, source and purchase ingredients and packaging materials for TFP, including kosher and/or organic ingredients as necessary.
- Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities.
- Continually compare and source new materials and suppliers to ensure competitive pricing.
- Monitor and purchase sufficient supplies without creating excess inventory.
- Work closely with R&D Manager to source new ingredients and packaging.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions.
- Actively monitor excess, obsolete and expired ingredient and packaging stock.
- Issue receiving tickets and receive inventories into ERP software.
- Maintain appropriate re-order levels and work closely with Inventory Control to ensure accuracy.
- Work closely with operations to assure food safety and security.
- High School Diploma, some college preferred
- Three years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to make decisions and handle difficult situations with multiple parties
- Strong negotiation, organization and communication skills
Tulkoff Food Products is a family owned company offering a generous benefit package that includes 401k with an 8% employer match, employer paid life insurance, great work/life balance, and a monthly staff lunch.