West Lafayette, IN
Inotiv is a growing contemporary drug discovery and development company where we “Play to Win” in an industry rich with opportunity. Together, we face challenges and together we win in the delivery of world-class drug discovery and development solutions that impact the health and well-being of people all over the world. There’s an opportunity for everyone at all phases of a career, each individual’s unique skill set has an impact on the work we conduct. If you have the talent and desire to impact the quality of people’s lives, we have the career opportunities to make it happen.
Join us in embracing research and science to impact the health and well-being of people all over the world.
The Purchasing Associate-I is responsible for managing and processing system and non-system generated request for goods and services in compliance with departmental, company and regulatory requirements. The position requires in-depth knowledge of the Purchase To Pay process, ERP functionality and Procurement best practices to deliver optimal results to internal customers and on behalf of the organization.
- Performs routine assignments supporting and facilitating the acquisition of goods & services on behalf of the organization. Responsibilities include helping internal customers navigate the procurement process, converting and placing purchase orders with suppliers, filing and other activities.
- Manage tactical procurement of goods and services across multiple sites and categories.
- Foster and sustain productive and positive working relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate requisition, purchase order and change order approvals for goods & services according to departmental and company procedures.
- Receive requisitions and analyze for quantity, specifications, preferred vendor utilization and delivery requirements.
- Consolidate requirements and develop most suitable method of purchase where applicable.
- Acquire and provide information to internal customers regarding suppliers, orders, specifications, delivery dates, etc.
- Work with internal customers, accounting and other groups to resolve receiving, invoicing and other supplier related issues .
- Maintain a working knowledge of preferred supplier relationships with ability to communicate and positively influence use by internal customers, notating exceptions.
- Prepare and maintain the required documentation for record keeping purposes.
- Conduct all purchasing activities in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local law, and in accordance with good business practices and all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Work with Receiving personnel to assure that purchase orders are received and processed in a timely and effective manner.
- Facilitate the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) process in accordance with company and supplier procedures.
- Communicate company requirements to suppliers and potential suppliers.
- Identify, achieve and document cost savings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or minimum 1 year work experience in a similar role
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Highly Motivated; Results-Oriented Work Ethic
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills – Quantitative, Business Process Flow, etc.
- Effective Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Clear and Concise Communication Skills – Oral and Written
- Microsoft Dynamics 365, JD Edwards or other ERP systems experience preferred
- Supplier Diversity experience/training is a plus
Inotiv has been named a 2023 Top Workplace! Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibilities. Benefits include health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid time off, paid parental leave, 401K participation with company match, and more!
Inotiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.