QA Inspector B
Acutec Precision Aerospace, Inc.
St. Stephen, SC
Imagine playing a key role with an award-winning and forward-thinking manufacturer that manufactures critical components for aerospace and military aircraft. Earn an above-average compensation package that includes great pay and health insurance premiums 100% covered by the company. Experience exceptional job stability and fulfilling, exciting projects to work on while transforming to a WorldClass manufacturing facility right here in Saint Stephen SC.
Spend your days in a clean, well lit, climate-controlled facility!
Day shift position available! 4-day work week
Day Shift: Monday-Thursday 6AM-4:30PM, Friday OT if needed
If you are hardworking, self-motivated, love working with your hands or looking to get your foot in the door with one of the areas top employers we want to hear from you! Experience with computers and material handling is a plus.
As a member of the Acutec team, you can expect:
· Above-average pay
· Health, dental, and vision insurance costs 100% covered by the company.
· Unbeatable benefits - Employee Profit Sharing, 401(k) Plan with 3% Employer Match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short & Long-term Disability Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Weekly payments, Personal Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays.
· Work environment – Spend your days in a clean, well lit, climate-controlled facility, utilizing the latest technology, equipment and tools on the market.
· Aggressive vacation schedule, veterans get an extra day.
· Collaboration – The small team environment at this facility ensures engagement, collaboration, and support. Work with the best of the best- in house and worldwide experts in tooling, equipment, process and software development.
· Award-winning organization – Named Aerospace and Defense Review’s Top CNC Machining Service Companies, Recognized for Aviation Week: Professional Development, Valuing the Individual Award, Supplier Excellence Alliance Award for Workforce Development, Business of the Year, and Manufacturing Business of the Year.
Have the ability to follow work instructions, use the computer database, use inspection tooling and perform first article and final inspections to aerospace criteria. Capable of measurements that are complex, is able to function in most roles and can help others when needed. Work with direction from Quality Manager.
About the Company: Family-owned, Acutec Precision Aerospace, Inc. is an award-winning woman-owned, forward-thinking, data-driven, AS9100D certified, vertically integrated aerospace manufacturer providing critical components for the aviation industry since 1988.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers in both written and oral form.
- Ability to perform statistical process control input and interpret statistical data to compensate for machining deviation.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations on fractions, percentages, and decimals and metric conversion.
- Ability to interpret and understand drawings, routers, and manufacturing operation sheets and identify errors in the quality planning
- Must demonstrate the ability to use inspection various tooling and gauging which includes: CMM, Comparator, Microhite, Pocket Surf, Johnson Gage, Air gage, and all other hand tools as necessary.
- Perform a visual inspection of each work piece to ensure it is free of any visual defects such as burrs, nicks, surface finish, scratches and other imperfections. Visual inspection may include the use of a microscope or other magnification devices.
- Ability to perform Quality Studies such as: FAIRS, PPAP’s, Gage R&R, SPC, capability studies, and various charting and graphing.
- Identify critical information from drawings such as: Understand and interpret geometric tolerances, locate and inspect all notes, and verify and use proper revisions.