QA Lead- 2nd shift
Russell Stover Candies, Inc.
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 7am-3:30pm
Position Summary: The Quality Assurance Lead reviews and evaluates required plant quality documentation, to ensure compliance in the areas of quality, food safety and regulatory.
The QA Lead. will provide oversight into daily work activities conducted by the line inspectors to ensure compliance with code dates, correct rotation code and labeling. They will gather and analyze samples for testing. They will also provide oversight for ingredients being received as well as the inspection of raw materials. The Quality Lead assures that the plant effectively executes Lab policies, procedures, and systems established by the Corporate Quality Organization in the areas of Quality and Food Safety, analytical and performance testing methodologies. Champions the ownership of Food Safety and Food Quality programs to all plant personnel.
- Assist Supervisor in the Development, Implementation and Maintenance of the Quality and Food Safety (HACCP) programs including employee training, document control and program auditing.
- Directs, controls, monitors, assists, and trains employees assigned to a specific area, line, or team per Supervisor’s instructions.
- Assure plant QA lab compliance including record keeping, laboratory execution, Quality Alert effectiveness, hold and release protocols and COA compliance. Maintain high Good Laboratory Practices.
- Lead laboratory in troubleshooting micro related deficiencies, working with technical resources (Quality, Engineering, and R&D) and plant management resources to identify root cause and eliminate recurring lab – quality related issues.
- Educate plant personnel on, and assure plant compliance with Lab Quality Systems, including recordkeeping, laboratory execution and product grading, Quality Alert effectiveness, hold and release protocols and COA compliance.
- Assist with Third Party Microbiological and Chemical testing program to ensure reliable and efficient test results and ensures that plant laboratory is in compliance with equipment and procedural standards including calibration program.
- Proactively review, analyze, and report on out of compliance findings, which include documenting and required following-ups.
- Ensure that “out of specification” product test results, which indicate action on product inventories, are communicated to the appropriate personnel expediently.
- Work with Quality, Production, Maintenance, Transportation and Distribution to ensure compliance to Food Safety Plans (HACCP Plan). Promote understanding of process lines Food Safety Plans.
- Conduct Internal GMP Audits monthly as part of the Internal Auditing Team and participate in internal audit corrective action review meetings.
- Maintenance of Quality Systems documentation to include QA, production, and sanitation, organizing document numbering, archiving and storage.
Manage a clean, tidy laboratory and ensure safe, accurate and efficient analyses. Manage lab work request prioritization to ensure customer satisfaction. Ensure prompt communication of results and proper data storage for expedient retrieval. Ensure laboratory methods manuals and laboratory SOP's are current and complete. Control purchases of stock supplies to ensure best price and optimal inventories. Identify opportunities before they become a problem focusing on root cause analysis and preventative action. Drive people development within the plant quality department, including and promoting for success, technical/functional training, leadership development, and performance management.
Execution and Maintenance of Quality & Food Safety Systems including the Food Safety Plan (HACCP), and prerequisite programs including Pest Control, Maintenance, Sanitation, GMP’s, Calibration of Equipment, Control of Physical Contamination, Allergen Control, Transport and Delivery, Training of Personnel, Food Defense, and Internal Auditing. Functions as local expert on quality programs and implementation of corrective and preventative actions. Supports root cause analysis of quality related problems with Operations.
Perform QA auditing functions as staffing requirements dictate.
- A background in food technology, food science, confectionary, microbiology, or chemistry is a plus.
- Detail oriented the ability to balance multiple priorities, or a sense of urgency for problem solving and continuous improvement.
- One (1) year of quality, sanitation, and production experience in the food industry, preferably in confectionary, are required, with an intimate knowledge of and passion for quality and sanitation methods and techniques.
- Strong level of assertiveness needed to be balanced with exceptional interpersonal skills to achieve results without direct authority.
- Good communication skills and teamwork oriented.
- Proficient computer, reading, writing and math skills.
Russell Stover Chocolates has sales in all 50 states and Canada. We operate company-owned retail shops throughout the United States and at over 70,000 drug stores, card and gift shops, grocery stores, department stores and retails stores. In September 2014, Russell Stover Candies was acquired by Lindt and Sprüngli, a Swiss based international conglomerate sold in more than 80 countries with production sites in Europe and the US, distributing on four continents.
Employment by Russell Stover Chocolates is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover Chocolates is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED/ employer. Principals only please.