QA Technician 2nd Shift
Rich Products Corp.
Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
Performs the activities related to microbiological, analytical, performance and sensory evaluation using established methods and procedures. Understands, trains in and enforces BRC Global Standards for Food Safety including but not limited to formula control, data integrity, HACCP, GMP’s, process monitoring, communication and document control, customer specifications, regulatory, RPC Quality and reliability standards
and quality requirements are met.
· Supports and adheres to all company safety rules and programs to provide safe working conditions for all associates.
· Conducts microbiological, analytical, performance and organoleptic testing on ingredients, packaging, work in process and finished products to ensure all materials meet standard quality requirements. Notifies management of all deviations.
· Assists in maintaining database of required lab data.
· May be required to observe processes and work closely with plant personnel and Corporate R&D to develop and maintain detailed and accurate plant floor work instructions for formulas and product specifications. May help train batch operators, filling operators and other plant personnel on formula and specification requirements, GMP’s, processing, laboratory and evaluation procedures.
· Verifies that process controls, weight control, HACCP and finished product specifications are adhered to by regularly auditing procedures and paperwork.
· May assist plant and R&D personnel to test and commercialize new products or changes to existing products, collect and send process data and product samples to authorized RPC associates and external customers.
· Initiates, documents and tracks changes to products and processes, including those related to supplier changes for ingredients & packaging material and engineering changes to equipment and/or processes.
· Demonstrate high moral character and ethics. Adheres to company codes of conduct.
· Works closely with plant Production Teams to monitor product runs, investigate and solve product quality issues, ensure compliance to GMP practices, sanitation programs, BRC Standards, product safety and all RPC, Kosher/Halal and regulatory requirements.
· Initiates holds of ingredients or finished products that do not meet RPC product safety or quality requirements. Ensures that the Hold and Release program is properly followed.
· Recommends improvements in manufacturing methods, sanitation practices, laboratory practices, testing methods and equipment to the management team.
· Keeps informed of latest manufacturing technologies, systems, and quality control practices. Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
· Participates in QA 6S meetings and PIT (Process Improvement Teams) to discuss quality and sanitation issues and opportunities for continuous improvement. Helps set goals and establish timetables to meet project guidelines and business objectives.
· Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Rich Products Corporation's business objectives.
Degree in Biology, Food Science, Food Technology or related field preferred.
· 3+ years experience in a food-processing, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing industry. Experience in Dairy or Non-Dairy manufacturing is HIGHLY desired.
· Demonstrated knowledge and application of quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food, chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
· Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include GMP’s, HACCP, product and associate safety, product quality, and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
· Demonstrated ability to train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule tasks and projects
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
· Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand basic statistical analysis.
· Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Proficient or ability to become proficient in Microsoft Access, MiniTab, QAD, SAP, OPTIVA.
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at [email protected] if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.ID:uDnQdo