QA/QC Control Field Engineer
Todd Mission, TX
Job Title: QA/QC Field Inspector/Technician
Schedule: 6/1 (Monday – Saturday; 8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
Location: College Station, TX
Danos Expectations: A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
Our purpose, values and high-performance culture traits are fundamental to our success and offer wonderful opportunities for employee development.
Summary: Solar Projects QA/QC Field Technician requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent as a minimum. An associate degree in quality assurance or related field is preferred, or a person with relevant Solar Project QA/QC field experience and ability to supervise Solar Projects should apply.
For this position, you need relevant work experience and to be familiar with the technical aspects of machines, equipment, and technology used in different field projects. You should be an excellent problem solver and able to manage crises when needed. This position will require an elevated level of communication verbally and written.
Main roles and Responsibilities Include:
- The QA/QC Field Inspector/Technician is responsible for assigned project(s) specific to Quality Control programs and site-specific plans from beginning to project completion.
- Conducts quality control (QC) inspections on materials, and installations, etc., at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with established quality and reliability standards
- Captures quality data from processes to either confirm compliance with established standards or identify deviations from standards
- Performs Quality Assurance role on all assigned job sites/projects; quality walks, conducting inspections, validating work per plans/specs, creating and maintaining punch list, coordinating field testing
- Looks at plans and specifications to ensure what is installed matches the plans
- Schedules and observes field testing of complete systems as part of an overall quality control effort
- Collects quality data on projects
- Maintains a liaison between the office and field to minimize the occurrence of quality issues
- Inspects that all trade activity meets company standards
- Creates and maintains quality documents and records, such as test reports, check lists, etc.
- Develops and maintains internal and external customer relationships
- Work safely and effectively around low, medium, and high voltage electrical systems in an outdoor sub-station and solar farm environment
- Work with project teams effectively through collaboration, support, and team focus.
- Ensure safe work process is executed with each job and a culture of safety is fostered
- Ensure completion of technical reports to ensure satisfaction and completeness of work
- Ability to interact with the project team in a courteous and professional manner
- Various other duties as required
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate degree in quality assurance or related field preferred
- 6 months - 2 years of QA/QC experience in power, utilities, or solar industry
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and quality control standards
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Must have a valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Must be able to meet all conditional job offer requirements including background, drug, agility