QC Associate Scientist (Wednesday to Saturday, 1st Shift)
Morris Plains, NJ
Job Description365 days a year, we aspire to be the best manufacturer of Cell & Gene therapies to ensure our patients have the treatments they need to live longer, healthier lives.
Under general direction, the QC Associate Scientist will perform testing and other activities in functions supporting the Quality Control department (QC Bio-assay, as appropriate).
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform Bio-Analytical testing such as Flow, ELISA, cell count, cell viability, endotoxin and mycoplasma.
• Maintain controls and reference standards to support testing.
• Follows quality policies and Maintain GMP/GLP quality systems.
• Plan and schedule assigned activities.
• Review/approve data generated by other team members.
• Perform method qualification/optimization of methods as per appropriate protocols.
• Contribute to OOS/OOE investigations and deviation investigations.
• Support 5S and Lean projects and identify potential improvements in project work.
• Interface with regulatory agencies during audits.
• Contribute to assigned projects.
• Knowledge of LabWare LIMS and/or other QC data systems.
In addition to these primary duties, provide coverage for all appropriate areas. Performs other job duties as assigned.
The shift for this role will be:
Wednesday to Saturday, 1st shift
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
Requirements: (mandatory: every candidate who is considered must have the qualifications described here. A candidate without these qualifications will not be considered or presented to the hiring manager)
• A minimum of a BA/BS in chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology or other related science.
• Fluent in English
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in the pharmaceutical, biologics, microbiology, sterile manufacture, medical device industry or academic laboratory experience is required
• Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of individuals in various aspects of Novartis operations
• Detail-oriented with expertise in problem solving and solid decision making abilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills which include a professional demeanor when interacting with Novartis personnel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
Desirables: (not mandatory but are used to prioritize candidates who have described preferred qualifications but does not eliminate candidates from being considered)
• Knowledge of LIMS systems
• Knowledge of cGMP and an understanding of the concepts of GLP, good clinical practices and FDA guidelines, applicable state and foreign regulations, and standards routinely used in the industry (i.e. NSI, ISO, etc.) is desired
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $69,300 and $103,900 / year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
EEO StatementThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.