QC/QA Lab Technician
Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for sampling and performing routine laboratory testing of aggregate materials. Uses prescribed standards to determine gradational and/or physical characteristics for quality control purposes and determine conformity to specifications. This position will support the aggregate production operations based out of Marion County, Indiana.
- Set up, adjustment and operation of laboratory equipment and instruments such as laboratory shakers, scales, ovens and other lab equipment required.
- Work in and around aggregate processing plants to obtain material samples from conveyors, stockpiles and/or customer sites.
- Record and maintain test results in AggQC and/or standardized forms.
- Report and communicate test results internally and externally (Management, DOT, and other customers as required).
- Clean, maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Inspect stockpiles for proper construction and loadout procedures.
- Assist in investigating and resolving plant process controls as related to product specifications.
- Successful completion and maintain Certified Aggregate Technician training with the INDOT Certified Aggregate Producer Program.
- Safety acumen
- Geologic/technical orientation
- Ethical conduct
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required; bachelor, associate or technical degree in construction technology, geology, or earth science preferred.
- State certified for aggregate, material testing or construction field and/or laboratory testing Indiana preferred; ability to obtain INDOT certification required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in quality control in an aggregate, soils or construction environment preferred. May be substituted with a minimum of 2 years of advanced education in the geologic, geotechnical, or related earth science field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proactive in safety
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and computer skills
- Must have professional and technical approach
- Works well independently as well as in a team environment
This is a full-time position that may require up to 50 hours p/week. This job operates in open pit and indoor laboratory environments. No overnight travel required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.ID:uDnQdo