Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location (Facility): Dallas, TX Pre- Fabrication Facility
Reports to (Position Title): Manager of branch Fab Operations
**Relocation Assistance is Offered for this Opening**
Victaulic is a global leader in mechanical pipe joining innovations and is the world's leading producer of mechanical pipe joining solutions. The company has 13 manufacturing facilities and 28 branches worldwide with 4,400 employees who speak 43 languages across the globe. With over 2000 global patents, Victaulic solutions are at work in more than 140 countries across diverse business lines including oil and gas, chemical, mining, power generation, water and wastewater treatment, military and marine, as well as commercial building and fire protection. Since the 1950’s Victaulic has been providing ground-breaking fire protection products and system solutions for challenges faced by engineers, contractors, property managers and fire marshals. Victaulic is a leading fire protection manufacturer of innovative fire products and fire fighting systems including fire sprinklers, fire extinguishing and fire suppression systems, pipe couplings and fittings, and flow control valves. These products are used in commercial, infrastructure and industrial applications to protect people and property.
Develop, maintain and ensure the execution of Victaulic TX. Prefabrication Facility Quality Management System (QMS) and quality control plans, programs and policies.
- Maintain all necessary records and procedures in accordance with ISO 9001standards and company policy.
- Maintain material test reports (MTR), various certificates of conformance (COC) and customer required certification, documentation.
- Maintain the instrument testing and calibration program for all measuring equipment as per ISO 9001 standards and company requirements.
Provide oversight to the Supplier Qualification Program.
- Assist purchasing in the qualification of new suppliers and the resolution of supplier quality issue.
- Assist with quality reviews of all major and/or critical suppliers.
- Facilitate audits of supplier manufacturing and quality systems as necessary.
- Oversee the inspection of material receipt.
- Maintain incoming material inspection program.
Provide production quality support.
- Manage all product quality assurance programs and sign-off on all product releases (internal and external).
- Develop and assist with method sheets which documents manufacturing procedures and establish process controls.
- Perform in-process inspections including dimensional verification, weld inspections and coating inspections; perform non-destructive testing (NDT) when required; maintain records of inspections and results.
- Oversee all product testing, audit and inspection.
- Coordinate all off-site testing (weld procedures, welder qualification, customer required testing, NDT, etc.) as required.
- Oversee all ISIR (initial sample inspection report) requirements and submission as per company policy.
Maintain customer product certification and inspection activities in addition to championing all planning, completion of non-destructive testing (NDT), product inspection and release including documentations.
- Interact directly with all customer representatives as directed by facility leadership.
- Assist with the training and certification of facility welders.
- Communicate and interact with shift supervisors, operations manager and cross functional team in regard to quality related issues.
- Conduct other job specific responsibilities as directed by QA/CI manager.
- College degree or equivalent experience in a manufacturing/steel fabrication environment. Working knowledge of a manufacturing quality management system is a must.
- Good computer skills and experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- A working knowledge of arc welding processes for carbon, stainless and alloy metals.
- Knowledgeable in both liquid and powder type coatings.
Victaulic is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.