Quality Assurance Inspection Supervisor, 2nd shift (Onsite)
North Berwick, ME
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
This position will support hourly associates on 2nd shift
- Responsible for providing leadership to one or more AMO (Aftermarket Organization) QA Cells
- Apply CORE, lean and other continuous improvement techniques to develop and implement process improvement initiatives aimed at increasing quality, throughput and delivery integrity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to multi-skilled group of team members engaged in the repair of jet engine components.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and work in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Execute business decisions in a fair and equitable manner, conduct annual performance reviews, hold regular toolbox meetings, provide two-way communications, consistent application of policy/work rules, clear, consistent communication of organizational goals and objectives.
- Requires availability on all shifts.
- Support all Company obligations as they relate to Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, contracting with the United States Government and Administration of FAA policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years prior relevant experience with specialized knowledge of technical or operational practices.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Undergraduate Degree in business, engineering or related discipline preferred.
- 7+ years quality and/or manufacturing experience OR Bachelors’ degree with 3+ years quality and/or manufacturing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving & mathematic skills
- Demonstrated skill and success in team leadership, facilitation & coaching skills
- Working knowledge of shop practices, processes and procedures
- Demonstrated flexibility / adaptability in high stress, ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize
- Working knowledge of Aftermarket products, procedures, and process technologies
- Excellent computer skills
Pratt & Whitney's North Berwick, Maine facility is a FAA regulated facility and as such under the U.S. Departments of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per
FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is: Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms