Quality Assurance Manager
Paramount Industrial Cos., Inc.
Where Sleep is Paramount!
Paramount Sleep is a third-generation, family-owned luxury mattress manufacturer based in Norfolk, VA since 1935, focused on teamwork, and offering competitive salary and benefits.
We produce some of the most beautiful luxury mattresses for the best and most successful retailers and boutique hotels across the United States.
Our customers and management team expect exceptional quality in all products that Paramount produces. QA Manager will achieve this by developing and maintaining quality standards, provide training on inspection process for all phases of mattress construction to ensure all quality standards are met. Process includes inspection of raw materials, and all manufacturing processes to finish product. Requires being on-site at our Norfolk, Virginia Production/Corp Office Facility.
This position will also require travel to our Alliance Partners to verify required materials are being used and quality standards are met. Provide training when needed to meet PSC standards of quality.
- Understand the manufacturing workflow.
- Write and maintain all updates to Quality Standards and Standard Operating Procedures for each department.
- Develop and maintain step-by-step inspection processes for each department ensuring that quality standards are included in part of the inspection process.
- Inspecting quality at each production phase to ensure components and products are absent from any defects or inconsistencies.
- Train employees on document procedures and proper technics to achieve quality standards and identify quality issues for their job.
- Ensure that all materials used match the product description and law tag requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or other related field preferred.
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Quality and Customer Service mindset.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to professionally approach and teach
- Ability to read, interpret and understand English.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, and in a team environment.
- Possess proficient knowledge of MS Office package,
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.