Quality Assurance Team Advisor (Supervisor)
Job Family:Plant Quality Assurance
In the Quality Assurance Team Advisor (Supervisor) position, you will lead the efforts of a quality team. Duties include planning, organizing, training, coaching, and compliance with various customers, company, government requirements and guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that customers and supplier specifications are followed and met.
- Develop Schreiber Foods culture – train, coach, evaluate and reinforce process excellence principles with partners.
- Customer Requirements – work with Team Leaders in identifying and communicating customer requirements. Develop PCP’s to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Governmental Regulations – be knowledgeable of various government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., AIB, OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc.
- Work with the team to make sure that daily production is evaluated to maximize efficiencies, making necessary adjustments as conditions change.
- Administer various company, plant or department processes in certification programs, pay systems, assessment/feedback processes, document controls and product traceability.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, dairy science, microbiology, biology, animal science or related field is required
- 1+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety or Production
- Proven leadership experience in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to make good business decisions quickly
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Internal Partners: Must be in current role a minimum of 2 years
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Eligible partners will receive:
- Get not one, but TWO retirement benefits. When you join our employee-owned company, you’ll be part of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) from day one. That means in addition to an 8% 401(k) match into the ESOP, Schreiber will contribute an extra amount – about 10% of your earnings – toward your retirement every year. That’s a company contribution of around 18% in retirement savings annually!
- Earn bonus pay. You’ll have an opportunity to earn incentive pay twice a year when we meet our company goals.
- Earn $ for focusing on your health. Get up to $1,200 for your health savings account each year, plus get reimbursed for fitness membership, equipment or classes.
- Pursue development that’s relevant to your role, career goals and the company. Plus, we offer tuition reimbursement if you want to further your education to grow in your role at Schreiber.
- Get access to medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits starting day one. This includes an onsite nurse and mental health counselor.
- Give back to the community through your volunteer hours. For every hour you volunteer, you can earn $10 for the nonprofit of your choice. Schreiber also matches your charitable contributions up to $250 every year.
- Experience caring like you’ve never experienced it before. We have a program that’s completely organized by and for other partners who need extra help. It’s called Partners Helping Partners. We have hundreds of examples of partners organizing fundraisers to help out others going through a hard time.
Sound like a company you’d like to be a part of? Click Apply.
Need extra assistance with the application process? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-437-7601.
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the Job Alerts button in the upper-right corner to create a job alert.