Quality Assurance Technician 3rd Shift- $250 sign on bonus!
The Chefs' Warehouse
About Us: The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
The Quality Control Technician monitors the production processes to ensure product is within food and safety quality standards. Our Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for the Food Safety and Quality Assurance of product housed within our warehouse. Technicians are responsible for performing internal audits to ensure adhering to GMP and company food safety standards.
- Retrieve and analyze samples according to established methods to ensure adherence to specifications and guidelines
- Documents all audit and inspection findings in accordance to company established procedures
- Focuses on safety related issues including ensuring safe working environment for employees, communicating safety issues, and maintaining a high level of food safety awareness
- Regularly performing testing on metal detector, chemical system, and warehouse temperatures
- Perform and document internal audits adhering to GMP and company requirements
- Works with the Sanitation team to ensure that cleaning activities meet Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), and company standards
- Ensures products have proper labeling
- Performs quality inspections on incoming and outgoing product
- Handles and administers additives as necessary
- Responsible to report all food safety issues to an immediate supervisor and provide feedback to operators and warehouse mangers regarding non-conforming products and packaging
- Directly correlate to product recalls, successful audits, and customer satisfaction Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Ability to perform product testing and visible observations in adhering to company guidelines
- Ensure proper product labeling at all
- Deliver samples for testing to outside laboratories
- Perform all other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field
- General knowledge of processing, manufacturing and quality control procedures as they relate to food processing GMPs, SSOPs, and HACCP.
- Ability to learn testing methods
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to operate routine lab equipment
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions
Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and multiplication. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should Advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel.Must be able to operate common office machines.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.Apply Now