Quality Assurance Technician
Absopure Water Co.
Absopure is an equal opportunity employer.
The QA Technician is responsible for production support and ensuring that we are sending out a quality product. This position is also responsible for ensuring water flow and sanitation of all treatment units including ROs, media beds, tanks, filters, etc. Additionally, the position will have direct interface with production and maintenance personnel to ensure product output while maintaining high quality standards through in house testing of raw material and finished goods.
- Follow company work and safety policies and instructions
- Comprehend and perform routine QA line checks (pH, 03, conductivity, iron, chlorine, chloride, TDS, taste and odor.
- Production checks, codes, labels, fill volumes, torque test, caps, leakers, etc.
- Sampling for microbiology, shelf life, iron, manganese and turbidity.
- Water Distribution and movements, including tankers.
- Sanitizing and start up procedures.
- Bottle washer procedures and testing.
- Responsible for quality of labels, caps, bottles, boxes, code dates, and general condition of product prior to shipping out to customers
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Incoming packaging testing
- Filter changes, backwashes and sanitizing all necessary equipment
- Maintain HACCP and SQF quality records
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or related science or 2-4 years of related experience handling food and/or beverage products.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Company Provided Life and Disability Insurances, 401(k) with company matching and more!