American Woodmark Corp.
BASIC PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Drive conformance to quality standards in Assembly and Production and improve quality of finished product.
1) Voice quality concerns to ensure that clients and customers’ needs are met.
2) Perform incoming product sampling.
3) Assists in production for troubleshooting assembly issues with defective components.
4) Review non-conforming material and perform inspection/sorting as needed.
5) Perform corporate process audits, internal process audits, and product audits.
6) Perform scrap transactions in JD Edwards as required.
7) Measure parts utilizing various gauges including calipers, feeler gauge, and tape measure.
8) Identify parts by length, wood species, and profiles.
9) Communicate status of materials (accept, reject, hold) and audits to quality and production teams.
10) Maintain understanding of specifications online, SOP’s, and document control library.
11) Participate in quality projects as needed.
12) Demonstrate alignment with the CITE principles.
13) Must be able to understand and follow general safety instructions for a manufacturing environment and any specific safety instructions for this position.
14) Complete cross-training requirements to be able to perform the essential functions of positions in client/provider departments.
15) Be present for regularly scheduled shift work.
16) Work together with team members to meet production goals.
1) High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED) is preferred.
2) Willing to work overtime with little or no notice.
3) Ability to function independently without direct supervision and as part of a team.
4) Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents such as but not limited to production reports, scheduling reports, standard work documents, etc. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with co-workers.
5) Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Other mathematical skills may be required.
6) Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw reasonable conclusions through critical thinking skills.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1) Must be able to walk and stand for most of the working day as needed.
2) Must be able to lift and carry weights up to 25 pounds / 12 kilograms as needed.
3) Must be able to spend most of the day in a production environment.
4) Must be able to wear protective equipment including safety goggles and hearing protection devices.
Disclaimer: The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.ID:uDnQdo