Automotive and Mobility Supplier
At AAM, the POWER is in our people. We believe that an equitable and inclusive workplace benefits everyone and that the diversity of our Associates drives creativity and innovation. Our global team of associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are Bringing the Future Faster by Delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable tomorrow.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you’ll get to make a difference on day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM…and the world.
Job Posting TitleQuality CMM/Gaging
Job Description SummaryJoin American Axle Manufacturing- Ignite Your Potential in a Thriving Powder Metal Facility
American Axle Manufacturing is excited to announce an exceptional personal growth opportunity in our rapidly expanding and advancement-driven large powder metal facility. As part of a global business with a presence in 18 countries, we are dedicated to recruiting team members who are eager to embark on a career path with international exposure and growth development.
At American Axle Manufacturing, we value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package that encompasses bonus opportunities, medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, tuition reimbursement, and more. We firmly believe in the development of our associates and provide a wide array of training programs to foster their professional growth.
Equipped with state-of-the-art systems, American Axle Manufacturing ensures that you can perform at your highest level. We strive to create an environment that is both fast-paced and rewarding, catering to individuals who thrive in dynamic settings and appreciate the satisfaction of achieving remarkable results.
If you are seeking an opportunity to excel and grow within a dynamic global organization, join American Axle Manufacturing today and unlock your true potential. Together, we can drive innovation and shape the future of the powder metal industry
Calibrate and maintain gages, the gage control system and procedures concurrent with the Metrology Scope.
- Environmental/Safety Requirements.
- Maintains and updates the gage control system.
- Interacts with production and engineering to fabricate or purchase necessary gaging for production and sorting activities.
- Works with outside vendors to purchase gages and equipment.
- Schedules outside calibrations.
- Works with outside service Technicians on gaging and equipment issues.
- Calibrates all gaging at required frequencies and updates in the gage control system.
- Performs daily verification of all hardness testers.
- Cleans and maintains all electronic gaging.
- Cleans and maintains all production and quality CMM’s and works with outside service Technicians when necessary.
- Maintains all inline and floor scales and works with outside service Technicians when necessary.
- Validates gage acceptability through gage R&R studies as well as other related studies and capabilities.
- Identifies standards for routine calibrations and implements calibration frequencies.
- Trouble shoots and resolves gage issues throughout the facility and maintains functionality of all gaging.
- Participates in development of departmental policies and practices in an effort to identify continuous improvement opportunities in the gaging areas.
- WI location and understanding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reference the Physical Demand Analysis for this job.
Required Skills and Education
High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience in the Metrology or Quality Assurance function is desired
This position requires basic knowledge of the Metrology or Quality Assurance functions and related duties, along with working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer software. Must have the ability to learn and use the Agile, Plexus and gage control systems and various measurement equipment software programs. Basic knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T is a plus. This position requires good communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
About American Axle & Manufacturing
As a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit with nearly 85 facilities in 18 countries, AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable future. We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [email protected] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.