Quality Control Inspector 3rd Shift
UTC Railcar Repair Services LLC
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.POSITION SUMMARY
The Quality Control (QC) Inspector is responsible for assisting with maintaining facility QA compliance, performing function specific training of plant personnel to meet federal regulations and in-process inspections to ensure the facility meets the level of Quality excellence expected.
Primary responsibilities and/or essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts In-Process QC inspections. Reviews the work order; inspect in-process and completed repairs to ensure they meet quality standards and requirements.
- Identify non-conformances and ensure corrections are completed prior to moving on to the next step of the repair process.
- Verify applicable quality records are complete and accurate.
- Complete final car file review, including ensuring all associated paperwork is properly completed and filed.
- Update, as directed, appropriate industry regulatory forms and electronic databases.
- Actively participate in team meetings, training and activities to help maintain a safe and productive work environment and ensure high quality, compliant efficient work completion.
- Work closely with Transco team members to coordinate work tasks, define and drive toward team and facility goals, help make workplace and process improvements and recognize the contributions of others.
- Administer and maintain measure and test equipment.
- Perform In-Process inspections in every department.
- Escort customers during car owner shop audits.
- Provide function specific training for all applicable facility personnel.
- Perform needed 5-why and RCCA’s for the systemic NCR’s recorded.
- Participates in and actively supports quality projects, audits and activities initiatives to ensure that the Company achieves its goals.
- Make recommendations to the facility concerning Quality Assurance and compliance regarding the facility, employees and workmanship with the intention of resulting in continual process improvements while maintaining established quality and safety standards.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- A High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience is required.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills are required.
- Proficiency with basic computer skills including Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- The ability to communicate professionally and clearly in writing as well as orally both in public and over the phone is required.
- A minimum of 2 years in a production or quality-based environment is required.
- NDT certifications, or previous experience for VT Level II /CWI or Transco Weld Inspector (WIS) UT/UTT Level II, RVI Level II, PT, BT, and MT are preferred.
- Previous exposure to all car types repaired at that facility is preferred. (Tank car shops: Tank car experience required)
- A proven track record of successful project management, dedication to continuous improvement, root cause and countermeasure problem solving skills and team experience.
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A good working knowledge of railcar repair techniques and procedures, car construction, basic welding knowledge, FRA, AAR and DOT rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with relevant railcar standards and regulations published by AAR, DOT, BOE, FRA and when applicable, Canadian TGD act and regulations.
- Must have experience in railcar repair and/or inspection role.
- Experience collecting data from numerous sources, organizing and maintaining accurate records and files, and generating concise reports.
- Ability to interact with all layers of the organization such as repair shops, customer service and engineering.
- Strong verbal and written skills, with the ability to effectively communicate across functional lines.
- Ability to work independently, balancing multiple tasks simultaneously, and delivering results timely and accurately.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Complies with all safety rules and procedures.
- The ability to comprehend and share AAR, FRA, Customer and TRPI requirements.
- Maintain an open and candid relationship with all Plant and Quality Manager so that matters of concern can be discussed freely and dealt with promptly and constructively.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, work boots and the ability to wear a respirator.
- The ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as crawling, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials for more than 50% of the workday.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds safely.
- The ability to sustain mental and visual attention to details for sustained periods of time.
WORK SITE ENVIRONMENT
- Must comply with all safety requirements at all times and lead by example regarding safety.
- Primary work environment subject to extreme heat or cold for considerable amounts of time. Must dress accordingly.
- Hearing protection shall be required in certain designated areas to noise levels greater than 80 decibels.
- Scaffolds, floors, ladders and walking surfaces may be uneven.
Please note the duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.ID:uDnQdo