Quality Control Inspector – Hampton, VA
Quality Control Inspector - Hampton, VA
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Centennial is a national leader in renovation, construction, and design-build services, with a national reach spanning from Florida to Alaska, with offices led by construction professionals sharing a common goal; to keep promises, honor commitments and exceed client expectations. Our performance is what has helped, and continues to help forge strong partnerships, which are strengthened over time.
Driven by integrity and a long-standing culture of performance excellence, Centennial doesn’t just build structures – we transform spaces and create places. These are unique places for our clients to learn, teach, work, play, and heal. With 30 years of nationwide experience, on over $4 billion in diverse projects, we excel at making the impossible possible. Centennial provides employees opportunities, both internally and externally, to further develop in their role, yet also grow into other roles, and even leadership positions.
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for assisting in the implementation and administration of a quality control assurance program to ensure that all work is performed in accordance with project plans and specifications as well as the standards and methods specified in the project Quality Control Plan.
- 3+ years’ experience in the construction industry with a commercial or industrial general contractor as a Quality Control Engineer, Field Engineer, Superintendent, or similar role
- Extensive knowledge of building codes and general engineering principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise and professional presentation of information
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to:
- Adapt and be flexible to frequent changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate integrity consistent with Centennial’s core values
- Collaborate and work effectively in a team environment with people of various backgrounds and styles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise, and professional presentation of information
- Adapt to the constantly evolving world of technology, design, means and methods, systems may include but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite, ProCore, and Adobe
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field highly desired
- Previous formal safety and quality control training certifications highly desired
- Project Quality Control: Review and assist in the implementation and administration of a Quality Control Plan based on client approved Quality Control Manual; Collaborate and administer scheduling activities to promote continuing attention to the production and installation of error-free work in compliance with project requirements; Perform daily inspections to ensure compliance with delivery order requirements; Maintain records of quality control operations, activities, tests, and inspections performed including the work of subcontractors and suppliers; Attend Pre-Construction meetings with subcontractors to promote understanding of Quality Control Plan, applicable specification sections and expected quality level; Maintain as-built drawings and records of materials used; Maintain records of factory tests and manufacturers certifications; Arrange with testing laboratory to perform required tests on all materials proposed for use on project; Assist in assessment of cost and responsibility for unacceptable material and supplies; Coordinate material submittals and Material Delivery Verification Forms to certify ordered material/equipment is in compliance with drawings and specifications; Coordinate Daily Performance Report that summarizes quality operations; Coordinate/Facilitate training sessions to keep project personnel informed on proper construction procedures and methods.
- Safety: Ensure compliance with Centennial’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc.)
- Responsible for driving between project sites that are often miles apart or miles from the assigned office location.
- Performance of the required job duties will be in an office environment along with visits to sites that are under construction which may include various weather conditions.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The ability to walk terrain and surfaces that may be far, uneven, or temporary.
- The ability to regularly sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, or reach.
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please reach out to Kelly Cocca Baker (281) 714 - 6883 for any questions related to this position.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, on the basis of traits historically associated with race (including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), or any other status protected by the law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Fraudulent employment offers
We are aware that fraudulent employment offers are being transmitted via email by people claiming to be employees or representatives of Bilfinger. Prospective candidates are provided job descriptions and employment letters and are asked to complete and return employment information forms as well as official tax forms. These job offers may look genuine and could include names of Bilfinger legal entities, Bilfinger executives, their signatures, seals of “authenticity”, the Bilfinger brand and logo.
Please be advised that these communications are FRAUDULENT and are NOT sent from anyone within or affiliated with Bilfinger. These email messages are a scam and should be treated as such. Bilfinger does not make job offers via social media, unsolicited email or without personally interviewing candidates first. We never send you cheques in order to pay contractors to set up a home office. Never send money or pass on personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with Bilfinger, and never reply to an email address that does not end in @bilfinger.com.
If you receive such a message, you are advised to contact your local law enforcement agency and provide any details you may have. You also may forward the messages to [email protected].
If you are interested in an employment with Bilfinger, please submit your application in the safe environment of our global job portal only.