Quality Control Inspector
Quality Control Inspector
US Full Time Non Union
Indianapolis, IN, Indianapolis, IN, US
Requisition ID: 1411
CECO is a fast-paced, diversified global provider of leading engineered technologies to the energy, environmental, and industrial segments, targeting specific niche-focused end markets through an attractive asset-light business model. Our portfolio of technologies encompasses over 20 brands in three segments:
• Engineered Equipment - primarily for natural gas turbine power emission management and for separation in midstream natural gas pipelines.
• Industrial Solutions - industrial air pollution control technologies such as oxidizers, scrubbers, cyclones, baghouse dust collectors, fume exhaust, modular duct, and industrial ventilation systems and custom sheet metal
• Fluid Handling and Filtration Technologies – centrifugal pumps for high-temperature and corrosive liquids, industrial filtration, mist eliminators, and laboratory fume exhaust.
With headquarters in the U.S., the Company is strategically balanced globally across the Americas, Asia, and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa). Over the last five years, we have excelled at operational and financial excellence. Now, under new leadership, we are sharpening our focus on three core values to accelerate our growth – outside-in customer focus, learning and development, and optimizing the effectiveness of our lean, hands-on brand and shared services teams. In addition to aggressively pursuing new customers across many energy and manufacturing industries, CECO targets its $5 billion+ of installed base, specifically to expand and grow a higher recurring revenue of aftermarket products and services.
CECO’s well-respected brands, technologies and solutions have been evolving for well over 50 years to become leading-edge technologies in specific niche global end markets, including natural gas turbine power, refinery & petrochemical engineered cyclones, and mid-stream energy pipeline gas transmission. CECO is listed on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol “CECE.” For more information, please visit http://www.cecoenviro.com.
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for inspecting product quality within the plant, ensuring that product inspections and quality control procedures are carried through as defined in the product specs, and meet the standards required by our customers/ end-user. The Quality Control Inspector will also participate in our product testing processes, working closely with our Design group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure the guidelines, procedures, specifications and reports in the product blueprints are executed at the plant level and work with supervisors to submit suggested improvements to the plant manager as needed.
• Ensure that quality standards are maintained and communicated to all plant employees.
• Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
• Perform visual inspections of finished products.
• Compile test data and perform appropriate analyses.
• Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures, including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
• Train associates as needed.
• Participate in weekly Quality Meetings and follow up on action items and improvements agreed upon.
• Provide Quality reference materials as needed, consisting of component standards, design folders, customer specifications, defect guides, etc.
• Maintain new start up approval process and ensure quick resolution of all nonconformances to specifications.
• Monitor and ensure clear rework/repair instructions are implemented to meet customer and compliance requirements.
• Report quality issues at plant level and report defects over allowable specifications to the Production Supervisor and Plant Manager.
• Maintain control of inspection and rework/repair labor, and report details of quality issues in log.
• Enter data for daily incoming, in process, and final product audits per quality procedures. Follow record retention guidelines.
• Review quality audit data and take action with production team associates to make the necessary changes to improve product and process controls.
• Report chronic quality control issues to Plant Leadership/ Management.
• Comply with company and safety guidelines.
• Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A High School Diploma required, Associates degree preferred.
• A Minimum of 3+ years’ experience.
• A demonstrated track record of communicating and training plant associates to achieve the quality standards required.
• Experience in quality assurance for production manufacturing required.
• Display the need for thoroughness and attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills desired.
CECO Environmental offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and more.
CECO Environmental is an EEO and E-Verify Employer. We sincerely appreciate your interest and will carefully evaluate your qualifications for employment. Be assured your opportunity for employment with our company will be based only on your merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements.
You should be proficient in:
- Quality Inspection Experience