Quality Control Inspector
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Weatherford is hiring a Quality Control Inspector for our Wallingford facility. The Quality Control Inspector will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provides training, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
This is the entry job level. Under direct supervision assists with the monitors, tests and inspects all processes involved in the production of a product and product itself. Ensure the quality standards are met by every component of the product or service provided by a company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Responsible for inspecting products using established inspection tools and techniques.
- Performs and documents First Article, In-Process, and Final inspections on parts in production to ensure that customer requirements and quality standards are met.
- Inspects material and product received from outside sources to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer specifications.
- Timely complete all assigned technical and safety trainings.
- Work in the field (outside conditions) providing assistance with the movements of materials for Inspection.
- Clean drilling tools and rig equipment for inspection.
- Learn and maintain the cleaning machinery which includes mechanical brushing unit, steam cleaner and high-water pressure jetting equipment.
- Take responsibility for the safety of all cleaning machinery and responsibility for environmental control over the working areas.
- Report any unsafe conditions or acts to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that work assignments are performed in accordance with approved plans, schedules and programs.
- Provide technically correct operation of equipment and other fixed assets under responsibility of the department.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Minimum 2+ years related quality control experience
- Above average math skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Prior knowledge of products and/or inspection process.
- Ability to use measurement devices such as tape measures, micrometers, calipers and scales.
- Ability to read and understand basic and advanced blueprints and charts.
- Ability to effectively work with employees, supervisors, vendors and customers.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- High or secondary technical education