Quality Control Leader
TPI Composites, LLC
TPI Composites is a global provider of structural composites products and has 50 years of experience in the design, development, prototyping and serial production of advanced lightweight composite structures. We specialize in molding lightweight composite products for the Transportation and Wind Energy industries. TPI also provides a full range of services that can complement our customers’ extensive vehicle engineering capability.
Working under direction of the site Quality Manager, the Quality Control Leader supports the plant quality function by supervising quality control staff in the implementation of TPI’s quality policy, procedures, and inspection plans and coordinating and communication quality related matters with other functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise quality inspectors for day-to-day activity
- Ensure inspections checks are completed and documented
- Assist in internal audits- Layered Process Audits and Product Audits
- Post quality alerts on the floor
- Train team members on quality inspections
- Assign and rotate QIs to the production areas as per requirement
- Manage timecards of QIs
- Coordinate quality related matters with other departments, promoting teamwork and continuous improvement in the process
- Perform other duties as required
Who we’re looking for
- Associate degree, and; at least 5 years of manufacturing experience; at least 2 years of quality inspection experience; at least 1 year of leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal training in the field of quality (ISO, TQM, Auditing) and business management.
- Ability to interpret basics of engineering drawings and specifications
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally, with people at all levels.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
This position is based at our automotive composites products manufacturing plant in Warren RI.