Quality Control Manager
This position implements and administers a quality control and assurance program to ensure all work is performed in accordance with project plans and specifications and complies in all respects with standards and methods set out in the project Quality Control Plan and with client requirements and specifications. This position also ensures quality assurance surveillance is conducted on materials and services provided by vendors, fabrication facilities and subcontractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand, practice, and continually lead by example Doyon Associated’s commitment to zero incident safety and environmental culture.
- Provide overall project quality control management and leadership on new pipeline construction, rehabilitation of existing pipelines, and oilfield maintenance projects.
- Administer DAL’s Corporate Quality Control Plan and tailor it to project specific requirements.
- During project planning, work with corporate management, project management, estimators, and client personnel on preparation of project quality plans and inspection requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Implement Direct Quality Control Inspectors in evaluating and testing construction activities.
- Direct Quality Control Inspectors in performing surveillance inspection over subcontractors, vendors and fabrication facilities to ensure compliance in all respects with project specifications and standards.
- Perform daily inspections or direct inspectors to perform daily inspections to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Prepare material submittals and Material Delivery Verification Forms which certify that ordered material and equipment comply with drawings and specifications.
- Prepare Daily Quality Control Reports which summarizes quality operations. Review all QC Inspectors’ daily reports to ensure factual, accurate, and complete reporting of field activities.
- Maintain current on-site records of quality control operations, activities, tests and inspections, including work conducted by subcontractors, vendors and fabrication facilities.
- Maintain on-site record of drawings and materials used in construction activities.
- Maintain on-site records of manufacturers' calibration certifications.
- Arrange with testing laboratory to perform required tests on all materials and processes proposed for use on project.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures to assess cost and responsibility for unacceptable material and supplies.
- Conduct periodic training sessions to keep project personnel informed on proper quality procedures and methods.
- Provide daily Quality Control Reports to project management for incorporation in daily client reports.
- Assist in the coordination of construction activities relating to all quality control disciplines on project.
- Perform submittal review and approval for compliance with contract documents.
- Ensure testing is performed per contractual standards. Review inspection and test results/reports to ensure code and client requirements are met.
- Maintain effective communications between project management, client representatives and quality assurance personnel.
- Set up and maintain accurate documentation of all inspections and quality control and quality assurance activities as they relate to the project contract documents.
- Review all test and inspection results.
- Ensure rework items are expeditiously corrected.
- Perform Quality Control Inspectors duties and responsibilities when required.
- Demonstrate leadership, motivation, and interpersonal skills in managing people, processes, and simultaneous and concurrent projects.
- Understanding of how corporate policies, procedures, practices, and processes relate to projects and clients.
- Participate in required client meetings to include management, cost controls, construction and other meetings as required.
- This position may or may not supervise Quality Control Inspectors depending on size of project scope.
- Current AWS Certified Welding Inspector Certificate required
- NACE (now AMPP) Level II Coating Inspector for coating inspections is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university in Science, Engineering or directly related field or 5 years QA/QC experience plus 2 years management experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the construction industry required.
- Minimum of 2 years QA/QC experience required.
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak before small and large groups.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Adobe, and Windows.
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively use client and DAL’s corporate management information systems.
- Familiarity and excellent understanding of API 1104.
- Working knowledge of B31.3, B31.4, and 49CFR 195. Part 195 & 192.
- Ability to use advanced and intermediate mathematical concepts and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately, effectively, and quickly use and logically apply mathematical principals and formulas in computer generated reports, evaluations, and all other correspondence.
- Ability to understand totality of projects and the reasoning behind decisions made by construction supervision to keep projects on schedule and within budgets.
- Strong ability to reason with client’s project management and construction supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40+ pounds.
- May be required to stand, sit, or walk for reasonable periods of time.
- Operate personal computer for extended periods.
- Work outdoors in weather extremes and near equipment with potentially high noise levels.
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Must pass a drug test
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The above is not intended to list all possible essential duties and responsibilities as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each of the above essential duties and responsibilities and meet the competencies and physical demands.