Quality Control Tech II
Neil Jones Food Company, The
The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for a temporary Quality Control Lab Technician II at our San Benito Foods facility in Hollister, CA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh-packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Summary: Responsible for validation and verification of process controls of tomato products at various stages of production to maintain quality and reliability of products. This is a seasonal, non-exempt, temporary job supporting our fresh pack season, typically June – October.
- Calibrating instruments such as scales and thermometers and verify that the instruments are being used properly.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, verifying that specified fill weights and net weights are being achieved.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes report to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- High School diploma or GED; or, any equivalent combination of education, experience, certification, and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- 1 – 2 years of work experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Requires bilingual Spanish/English oral and written ability.
- Requires reliability and excellent attendance.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, work extended hours, weekends, and any shift assigned during the fresh pack season, typically July to early October.
The wage is $17.42 - $20, based on experience and qualifications.
- Eligible for paid sick leave
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
The Neil Jones Food Company participates in E-Verify
We are an Equal Opportunity and Fair Chance Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.