Quality Control Technician Level II
The Quality Control Technician will be responsible executing and documenting all aspects of in-plant process and laboratory quality procedures, programs and functions in a food and beverage manufacturing environment. These include testing current and new concentrate ingredients in process and finished concentrates, and beverages products in development and finished products. Maintains all HACCP, food safety records, plant audits, mock recall programs and training the plant on these issues and procedures. Provides test data to assure the production of high quality products. The QC Technician will also work with the R&D Team on new product launches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mix proprietary plant-scale batches of concentrated chemicals in a food and beverage production operation according to product specifications.
- Assist supervisors on the production floor in resolving Quality Control issues, tracking quality trends, recommending and implementing plans to improve quality and production efficiency.
- Ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action on the plant-scale production line.
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize laboratory and in-plant process quality information and trends.
- Knowledge of all cleaning agents and applications, external, internal, cleaners, and sanitizers.
- Properly document and follow all procedures set forth in the frequency guide and standards.
- Ability to properly fill out batch reports, calculate variations in batch sizes, proper attributes, standards, and other data required on batch report documented per formula.
- Ability to properly measure and follow proper mixing procedures.
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot batch and make corrections.
- Ability to perform all testing, evaluations, and documentation of results while following procedures.
- Ability to properly prepare batch tanks for batching, tank rinsing, tank sanitation, odor, and tasting.
- Responsible for compliance with Federal and State legislation by establishing and enforcing quality standards; testing materials and product.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Typically faces situations that have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include, but are not limited to manufacturing and warehouse plants, and other locations as directed by supervisor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing plants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years hands-on work experience in the carbonated soft drink industry preferred.
- Experience in quality control testing procedures and internal and external sanitation of beverage equipment with a clear understanding of all aspects of blending, product attributes recordkeeping, yields, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications and various reporting software.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Understands and can follow all OSHA required training.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Favorable background and drug exam.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in organizational service areas, as required by duties.
Shasta Beverages, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, genetics, gender identity, disabled veterans or sexual orientation.ID:uDnQdo