Quality Engineer – $3,000 Sign-On Bonus
Tini Aerospace, Inc.
At Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBAD), we believe that our strengths are built on our most important resource - our people. Join EBAD and you'll be a part of a team who creates cutting edge technology that will blast us into the future. No other company can match the innovative energetic solutions that we provide. At EBAD you will actively contribute to successful missions putting men, women and satellites into space, and protecting our armed service men and women around the world. If this is the culture and work environment you are seeking, then EBAD is the place for you!
EBAD is seeking a Quality Engineer out of our Moorpark, CA office reporting to the Quality Engineer Lead.
This position provides organizational support for customer programs and supplier quality requirements. The candidate will be responsible for quality engineering, system and process improvements, supplier development and RCCA activity including non-conformance analysis and implementation of effective countermeasures.
- Lead quality functions for assigned programs from proposal through shipment to customer while complying with customer requirements and achieving EBAD cost and delivery expectations.
- Host customer quality audits and participates in internal quality audits.
- Interface with suppliers and customers concerning program quality requirements.
- Develops, modifies, coordinates and documents the implementation, evaluation and maintenance of quality assurance programs and systems.
- Establish QA/QC tools for measuring supplier performance that affect our products and services.
- Issue formal supplier corrective actions (SCARs) and work with them to resolve problems.
- Issue internal and supplier Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA).
- Provides advice and guidance in interpreting and adapting quality standards and government regulations.
- Analyzes design reliability and quality to recommend process changes and enhancements.
- Works closely with Engineering in bringing quality products to production readiness.
- Track Non-conformance Report (NCR) and CAPA and monitor their activity for completion and correctness on a daily basis and drive them to closure.
- Leads quality in production activities: Factory materials, process, assemblies, products, and field failures (RMA).
- Review customer contract for quality requirement and flow down.
- Perform First Article Inspection per AS9102
- Review and submittal of End Item Data Package (EIDP) for product to customers.
The successful candidate preferably will have a BS/MS in science or engineering discipline with emphasis in electro/mechanical engineering and 2+ years experience in quality engineering.
- Experience with high precision machined parts and assembly operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of current ISO 9001/AS 9100 quality systems.
- Working knowledge with interpretation of engineering specifications, mechanical drawing and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Knowledge of process capability concepts including Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Supplier Quality Assurance experience.
- Understanding of, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing practices, Problem Solving Skills and in depth understanding ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Strong skills in MS Windows – Excel, Word and Power-point. Familiar with and able to work in MS Project.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
Six Sigma Black or Green Belt. ASQ CQE/CQM Certification. Experience working in military or aerospace quality systems. Significant experience working directly with customers and suppliers.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $125,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.ID:uDnQdo