Quality Engineer III (US) – Mobile and Web
What you'll do...
We are seeking a Quality Engineer for a key position within People Technology organization to deliver associate centric people experiences.
We are embracing Open-Source technology using React-Native, React.js to build mobile and web experiences and cloud native backend services using Java and GraphQL. In our team, you will work with talented engineers across our platforms including mobile engineers, backend service engineers, UX Designers and product managers to shape our road map for Integrated People Experiences to delight our users.
The Enterprise People Technology team supports the successful deployment and adoption of new People technology across the enterprise. As a Fortune #1 company, our work impacts millions of associates globally. We strive to continuously improve people technology and products to help managers and associates so they can focus on what matters most - supporting our customers and members. People Technology is one of the major segments of Walmart Global Tech’s Enterprise Business Services, which is invested in building a compact, robust organization that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and the Associate Digital Experience.
What you'll do:
- Work in an Agile environment and adhere to all QE best practices.
- Set up the test framework and build and maintain automated test cases for Mobile and Web application components to improve quality and development velocity.
- Perform testing using a variety of test methodologies including manual and automated testing by scripts.
- Set up the pipelines to ensure the functional, regression and E2E testing can be triggered automatically.
- Proactively track both functional testing and regression testing status for each sprint release.
- Assist the developers to analyze the root cause and the impact of software defect, provide suggestions for quality improvements.
- Report and track and help determine priorities for enhancements and defects utilizing tools like JIRA.
- Work in partnership with Scrum team members, including engineering and product management, to deliver business functionality on-time, with required quality, and that meets the acceptance criteria.
- Write test cases and scenarios from the requirements/designs; manage bug tracking.
- Create, trigger, monitor and control the execution of automated test suites, identifying issues and potential gaps.
- Support QE governance of test processes, data, and execution metrics to help drive improve the performance of team.
- Perform risk analysis for features/projects in your ownership, provide mitigation and escalate appropriately.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to analyze, debug and resolve any issues.
- Develop high-quality, end-to-end automation tests that match acceptance criteria and user scenarios.
- Be a key contributor to the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines. Perform code reviews for your teammates. Help develop and build the test infrastructure with the DevOps team.
- Work with our Product Management Team to define good acceptance criteria for our stories.
- Perform manual exploratory testing and troubleshooting to help identify difficult to find bugs and UX issues.
- Ensure the monthly releases are validated and ready for our customers.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of experience in Automation Testing, Software Development and Deployment.
- Experience in Mobile and Web App UI Automation: ReactNative Mobile apps for either iOS, Android or both and ReactJS Web apps.
- Experience using any of the automation toolset like Appium, Selenium, Cucumber Espresso (Android), XCUITest (iOS), Cypress, etc. and CI/CD tools like Docker, Jenkins, etc. or equivalent tools.
- Strategic understanding of automation tools and frameworks, with hands on ability to implement and maintain automation regression.
- Experienced in CI/CD implementation and integrating automation suite to pipeline
- Functional Testing: Data Validation, UI testing, Device and Make Coverage (iOS and Android), Network Throttling, Notifications testing.
- App Profiling (concepts like Rendering performance, battery issues, thread count and memory dumps).
- Log verification – backend and frontend.
- Strong understanding of quality testing principles and writing effective test cases.
- Proven ability to partner and interact effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Good understanding of black / white / grey / glass box test methodologies
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, coding and operating systems.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years’ experience in software quality assurance, manual/automated testing, or related area.
Option 2: 4 years' experience in software engineering quality assurance, manual/automated testing, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master's degree in Software Engineering Quality Assurance, Manual/Automated Testing, or related area, Quality assurance certification (for example, CSTE - Certified Test Engineer, CSQA - Certified Software Quality Analyst), Related industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), Software Engineering Quality Assurance, Manual/Automated Testing, or related area.Masters: Computer Science