EPC Power Corp.
Who We Are:
We are driven by a passion to design and manufacture the highest quality grid-scale power converters available. Rooted in this passion, we provide our customers with inverters and DC/DC converters from 250 kW to 6 MW. EPC’s products are designed in house and manufactured in the USA. Power electronics are the core technology behind decarbonization. With major growth sectors such as renewable energy, energy storage, and electric vehicle charging, EPC is growing fast.
What We Do:
EPC is located in the center of a high-tech commercial park in Poway, CA to meet the demands of its rapidly growing customer base. We are focused on developing and manufacturing robust and reliable power conversion solutions to solve real-world customer problems, and doing it in a smaller, more powerful footprint than anything else available today. We enjoy what we do, and we encourage a creative, healthy, and highly collaborative environment. Our goal is to work together as a fun, creative, and professional team; learning from and encouraging one-another as we push the state of the art forward in power electronics.
The Quality Engineer works within the Quality team to ensure our final products are safe, reliable, and meet established quality standards and customer expectations. This position creates documentation, devises quality tests and defines the criteria test results should meet. This a key role in resolving quality issues as they arise.
- Select, construct, and apply quality management, planning, and control tools
- Use statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices
- Implement quality control systems
- Develop corrective actions, solutions, and improvement
- Inspect and test materials equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met
- Review codes, specifications, and processes
- Investigate and troubleshoot product or production issues
- Work in a safe manner and in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in quality, industrial, or mechanical engineering or Technical or Trade School diploma or certification in related discipline
- 3-5 years one-the-job experience in the development and operation of quality control systems, and the application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures
- ASQ Certification preferred
- Experience coding and using QA software and processes
- Proficient understanding of lean tools such as 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, etc.
- Experience in or knowledge of: ISO Standards including 9001 &14000, APQP, AQL, CAPA, CQI, 8D Reports, FMEA, FAIR, PPAP, SPC, VSM, FAT, ITP, and PCP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
EPC Power is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.