Hydrasearch is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team in Stevensville, MD. Our quality engineer will work across all our business functions to assure compliance with required specifications and standards flowed down by our customers. We are a critical and essential supplier to the United States’ military branches where quality is paramount. The ability to work with manufacturing, purchasing, assembly, shipping and engineering as a team is critical to our success. Experience working within an ISO or AS9100 facility is preferred. If you’ve got the right mind set and work ethic, we would enjoy talking with you.
- Develop and Implement Quality Standards to help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and analyze Quality performance data; collaborate with all functions to develop and implement controls and continuous improvements.
- Inspect and test materials, equipment, processes and products to ensure Quality specifications are met; initiate and coordinate the completion of Nonconformance Reports and Corrective Actions when appropriate.
- Maintain Quality Documentation (test reports, inspection reports, etc.) through our ERP system.
- Support internal and external Quality audits.
- Support New Product Development with quality requirements and documentation.
- Help to educate all employees in Quality standards and best practices.
- Improve job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, etc.
- Experience preferred with mechanical measurement equipment; height gages, calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, CMM and 3D scanning
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications required.
- Experience working with an ERP system preferred.
- Experience reading and interpreting Government contracts preferred.
- High level of Organizational, Problem-solving and Communication skills required.
- High level of competence in metrology and GD&T preferred.
- Professional Certifications such as ASQ, CQE, Six Sigma required. High level of metrology and GD & T preferred.