Quality Inspection Tech
This position will perform inspection processes for WIP, final, and secondary ops to ensure conformance to specifications. Proficient with a broad variety of inspection equipment and has strong CMM operating knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts designated visual inspections and dimensional checks on high value, complex and tightly tolerance machined parts and machine part assemblies.
- Performs first-run, floor and final inspections, as directed, to assure that items meet required standards and conform to manufacturing specifications.
- Inspects raw materials for suitability for machining.
- Works with engineers and programmers to setup CMM inspection instructions for new parts.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and specifications.
- Works with QA Manager to determine the proper disposition of rejected material.
- Scans and tracks work in JobBoss.
- Maintains required records and prepares all paperwork relating to inspection.
- Writes and updates inspection methods. (for approval by QA Manager or lead inspector)
- Maintains adequate measuring equipment and inspection fixture requirements.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Manages work flow and is conscientious of efficiency and quality.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- ISO experience/knowledge is preferred
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Detail oriented and meticulous
- Capable of organizing, prioritizing, and multi-tasking
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Understanding of mechanical drawing, dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T)
- Proficient in measurement tool usage (micrometer, caliper, comparator, height gauge, etc.)
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, E-mail)
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Positive attitude and desire to contribute will make you successful in this role!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in inspection, preferably in a metal working and machining environment.
- Minimum of HS Diploma with some technical education preferred.
- CMM Experience preferred. Knowledge of programming a CMM is a major plus
Company Commitments / Benefits
At ARCH, we are committed to maintaining a strong team environment in order to build a safe and collaborative work environment. In addition, we offer the following benefits to help you consider working with us:
- Competitive Pay with Overtime Opportunities: Your time is valuable, and we treat it as such.
- Guaranteed 4.5% 401K Match and Comprehensive Medical Insurance Plan: The best investment a company can make is the care of its own workers. ARCH offers multiple plans to select from to meet the needs of you and your family.
- Starting time off: Ten Days PTO with ten paid holidays
- Strong people-first company culture: You can only do your best if we give you our best!
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to perform repetitive tasks. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
ARCH Global Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employee and wholeheartedly supports diversity in the workplace as a basic premise for business success. All employees of ARCH Global Precision are employed on an at-will basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.