Quality Inspector AWW (FAA) $19.50 an hour an up (Onsite)
North Berwick, ME
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it.
So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Do you have the experience to join our North Berwick, ME Team?
- Work applicable written inspection procedures, drawings, Engine Manuals and other pertinent instruction and/or Approved Technical Data to plan and perform dimensional and visual inspection on parts, tools and gauges and other equipment, accepting material or referring for rework or quality review based on findings.
- Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments while following work instructions to check dimensions and record results.
- Perform necessary mathematical computations to determine extent of nonconformance and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Follow proper procedures to perform inspection checks and verification of dimensions and make sure that Work Instructions are being followed.
- Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of measuring equipment used in performing the work as necessary.
- Support and promote continuous improvement activities to meet business objectives.
- Must maintain Inspection stamp.
- Manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals’ skills.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Must be a US Citizen due to federal contracts
- Inspection experience (Non- Aerospace acceptable)
- Familiar with precision measuring equipment.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer skills
- Basic Shop Math
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Pratt & Whitney North Berwick is a FAA regulated facility and as such under the U.S. Departments of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms