Quality Inspectors assure consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good manufacturing and inspection practices and systems; validating processes and providing accurate documentation. These positions will drive continuous improvements throughout the facility through disciplined problem-solving techniques and by supporting ORIZON’s Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other ORIZON policies and procedures and by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction.
- Accurately enter information and data into AS9102 reports inside of Net-Inspect.
- Ensure that all relevant internal and external documentation utilized for inspection purposes is current.
- Accurately record inspection activities, as required, utilizing the Company’s ERP system.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and assembly prints.
- Perform basic CMM Operations
- Perform inspection by utilizing hand held gages including calipers, micrometers and scales.
- Perform final check to ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformance issues.
- Accurately populate quality assurance documentation using industry terms and definitions.
- Assist in Return Material Authorization (RMA) and Material Rejection Report (MRR) processes using Syteline to ensure timely resolution.
- Participate in 3rd Party audits as necessary.
- Maintain an “Ultra C-Lean” working environment by following proper work procedures, ensuring a clean work area, and confirming, at the beginning and end of each shift, that the work area has an accurate inventory of tools.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions to safety officials or Quality Supervision.
- Will handle customer supplied products with care.
- Maintain and reinforce ORIZON’s quality standards to meet customer expectations.
- Manage time appropriately and respond quickly to all inquiries so that production, quality and delivery schedules are met.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management
Education, Experience and Skills
- Must have 2 years basic inspection experience with regards to receiving inspection and assembled parts.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Must have ability to apply basic math skills.
- Must have ability to read and comprehend American English.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, interpret, and understand customer drawing, mylars and sketches as applicable to work being performed at Orizon
- Must be able to acquire required certifications for inspecting and accepting parts in assigned area.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to demonstrate positive work behavior, as well as professional interactive communication skills.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and become proficient with Orizon’s ERP systems for shop applications.
- Must exhibit ability to analyse, troubleshoot & correct quality issues.
- Must exhibit attention to detail.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Must have organizational and planning skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Must be able to stand and sit at a workstation for several hours performing repetitive functions.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces requiring kneeling, crawling, climbing, and bending.
- Must be able to lift and bend to perform the physical functions of the job
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds properly.
- Must be able to work extended hours, overtime and weekends when necessary to support production and operations activities.