Quality Inspector II
Donaldson is committed to solving the world’s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/donaldson/
Purpose: Perform routine testing on quality of in-process or finished product according to standards, customer specification, and any applicable regulatory standards.
Essential Functions: (What must be done to achieve the desired results of the job? Include management & leadership responsibilities for team leaders.)
• Perform in-process, in-coming, 1st article, final and ship/pack inspections.
• Perform activities for non-conforming parts and internal NCR’s. • Assist with & process Return Material Authorizations (RMAs).
• Set up & enforce inspection sheets.
• Assist with gathering and analyzing data.
• Investigates customer complaints and returns, works with customer to resolve areas of concern.
• Read and interpret blueprints.
• Equipment and gauge calibration.
• Complies with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures.
• Uses all designated Personal Protective Equipment as required.
• Review and process Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) • Program, operate, & update the Faro Arm and or other computerized measuring machines.
• In conjunction with Quality Manager, coordinate AS9100 requirements and follow up audit activity.
While this list is representative of essential job duties, it is not an all-inclusive list of duties required to perform this role. Other duties may be assigned in order to fulfill Donaldson’s mission, vision and strategic plan objectives.
Qualifications: Combination of education and experience, generally acquired through the attainment of a high school diploma or equivalent. Familiarity with manufacturing process and inventory control practices strongly desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following skills/abilities:
• Vocational diploma in Precision Inspection (or equivalent) or three years of related experience.
• Work well with others and help drive the team towards a common goal.
• Keep an open mind; be willing to learn & try new ways of performing tasks.
• Adapts to change quickly, easily, and productively.
• Capable of working in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
• Be an effective and efficient communicator, can interact constructively with all plant employees.
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with internal and external customers.
• Is timely in attendance & dependable in their work-ethic.
• Demonstrates good levels of math and problem-solving skills.
• Shows proficiency in operating & navigating computers. Including Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Internal drive to make improvements.
• Read and interpret blueprints.
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.ID:uDnQdo