Quality Manager – Aerospace Experience Required – FASTENERS
MS Aerospace, Inc.
Santa Clarita, CA
M.S. Aerospace Inc. (MSA) is an aerospace manufacturer of high strength specialty fasteners, including bolts, screws, studs, and pins. Our products are of the highest quality and very close tolerances. Our products support the US Government, including the ISS, Space Shuttle and the most demanding defense equipment. We also support the most demanding OEMs in the commercial aviation industry.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and a monthly bonus.
Join one of the fastest-growing aerospace companies by applying now !
Department: Quality Engineering
Department/ Area: Quality Engineering
Position Summary: The candidate will be maintaining the Document Control System to verify incoming customer/industry specifications are implemented for company compliance. The position will ensure the customer requirements are implemented into the internal procedures and work instructions to assure product conformity.
Quality Management System (QMS) and Master Document System (MDL) for compliance.
- Revise and create internal Procedures and Work Instructions as needed for the demanding changes of the aerospace industry.
- Create training records and conduct said training, as appropriate for the new and revised documents.
- Maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) Master Document System (MDL) when the procedures and work instructions have changed to be sure it contains the most current revisions.
- Assist in distributions of these internal documents, as needed.
Perform detailed review of industry and customer specifications for revised and new acquisitions.
- Obtain additional input from Engineering, Managers, and technicians for all Special Process specifications to help verify compliance and internal procedure updates as needed.
- Conduct or assist in these internal updates and training as required.
- Complete appropriate form/documentation of these reviews and implement into the review process.
- Verify implementation into the Master Document System (MDL) and Document Control System (DocRecords).
Conduct and/or Assist with Internal QMS Audits in accordance with the audit matrix and checklists.
- Generate/Issue internal CARs from internal audits as applicable.
- Assist in preparation for Customer and 3rd Party audits, as needed and participate in said audits
- Generate / Assist in responses for Corrective Actions from these audits.
Interface with Customer Representatives as a Qualified MS Aerospace Quality Representative to conduct customer product and process audits to obtain customer approvals/accreditation.
- Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) activities as needed.
- Generate / Assist in responses for Corrective Actions from MRB and/or Customer Complaints/Returns
- Complete Customer Surveys, as needed
- Think “outside the box” to assist in implementation of process /documentation improvements.
- 10 years minimum of Aerospace experience within Fasteners
- Experience/understanding of the 8D format and problem-solving techniques for customer responses, as needed.
- Computer literacy/proficiency /experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access.
- Experience with basic measurement tools, such as micrometers, calipers, optical comparators etc.
- Experience/understanding of customer drawings, specifications, and basic blueprint reading.
- Familiarity / experience with AS9100 and Nadcap Special Processes, such as Heat Treat, Material Testing, Non-Destructive Testing, and Chemical Processing are a plus.
- Knowledge of fabrication processes, such as machining, forging, forming, grinding, cutting & assembly.
Reporting Relationships: The candidate will report to the Quality Manager.
Working Conditions: Most of the time is spent completing required documentation /deskwork.
Position Type: Requires full work time only. 8 hours a shift- Monday to Friday - overtime expected depending on production needs. Regular attendance is an essential job function.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
M.S. Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
M.S. Aerospace Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9.
M.S. Aerospace Inc. 13928 Balboa Blvd Sylmar, CA 91342.