Quality Manager (Automotive Manufacturing)
Drake Enterprises, Inc.
Clinton Township, MI
- Ensure that departmental employees are properly trained and/or knowledgeable in the work he or she is performing.
- Knowledgeable in inter-office management and procedures.
- IATF 16949 & ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
- Report monthly quality results to Management Teams in Staff Meeting
- Oversee scrap process and maintenance of housekeeping (Scrap Material).
- Resolve internal and external quality issues.
- Assist in resolving internal and external quality issues. (8D, 5 Why Methodology, Customer required forms, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
- Identify opportunities, forecast resources to achieve quality improvement targets.
- Participate in cross-functional team activities, such as Team Feasibility, PFMEA’s, APQP, PSO runs, etc.
- Maintain documentation for production prints, customer engineering specification revisions, and deviations as required.
- Plan and support Supplier Quality
- Complete all other special projects requested by the Plant Manager.
- Manage & schedule all system, process and LPA’s, etc., as required.
- Manage and support IATF 16949-Quality and ISO14001-Environmental Management Systems in a manner that meets or exceeds established goals and objectives.
- Motivate employees and participate in continuous quality improvement
- Travel to Customer/ Supplier locations to resolve quality concerns.
- Visit potential Suppliers to conduct an initial Quality Audit for future business.
- Answer all customer concerns in prescribed format, including internet sites, such as Wisper, E-Supplier Connect, etc.
- Support customer IMDS efforts as required.
- Build, strengthen and maintain relationships with customers at all levels, including informing all team member about new or changes to customer-specific requirements.
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen
- Conflict management
- Customer orientation
- Decision making
- Focus on quality
- Performance management
- Planning and organizing
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Time management
- Writing skills
- Minimum of 10 years Quality Management Experience Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working in a machining environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of Supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of OEM requirements and processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of Quality Systems
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, project management, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand timelines and current program status
- The Quality Manager has the responsibility and authority to ensure that Customer requirements are addressed.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Core tool knowledge (APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA)
The Benefits of Working With Us!
Employer Paid Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical & Prescription
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Critical Illness
- Legal Plan
7 Paid Holidays
Drake Wear – our own line of branded merchandise