Quality Manager I
US Synthetic Corp.
Safety is at the forefront of everything we do at ChampionX, and employees are expected to lead by example driving safety to Goal Zero in line with other company core values.
In this role you will lead the QC team to ensure effective support to the plant on technical and service aspects of Production Quality. The role will require you to be a liaison with internal and external, local, and global stakeholders.
You will deliver value to our customers through the provision of a rapid and reliable QC support function to the business, by monitoring product quality and resolution of quality problems. You will lead a team that will provide laboratory technical problem solving, troubleshooting and product development support, while complying with all appropriate ISO quality and safety standards.
Office location: Scott, LA
This position will work in the office and out in the plant, reporting to the Plant Manager.
What’s in it For You:
This role will provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate strong accountability and flexibility in managing the quality engineering needs of the plant. The role presents an opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience through our CORE network with Quality Professionals (and beyond) from our sister plants across the world and by following structured standards for quality and safety.
- Management representative with authority and responsibility for ensuring the requirements of the ISO 9001 and the ChampionX Integrated Management System standards are implemented and maintained.
- Drive safety through the laboratory by ensuring the team are trained and competent in laboratory procedures and safety culture.
- Manage QC Team resources in Scott to meet business requirements.
- Provide daily technical and analytical support to production to ensure safe, timely and efficient manufacturing, and drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for timely and accurate monthly quality reporting and conducting root cause analysis of failed batches.
- Responsible for off-spec product waivers/working with engineering on material work-off solutions.
- Responsible for in-process quality specification changes, including working with engineering, production, and RDE on potential improvements to existing products.
- Ensure that relevant parties are included and aware of corrective actions.
- Understands and is accountable for QC procedures and relevant QHSE procedures.
- Trains and instructs others in laboratory equipment procedures. Part of a self-managed team responsible for the smooth running of the QC laboratory, including ordering of supplies and ensuring compliance with ISO9001 requirements.
- Assist in recruitment, appraisal, and people development processes to ensure a continuous stream of high caliber personnel.
- Provision of Non-Standard Operating Instructions as appropriate.
- Support the Management of Change (MOC) process within the Plant, leading the process when required.
- Support New Product Introduction utilizing GTT, SAP, etc.
- Leads external and internal audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Advanced technical degree, preferably in a chemistry-based discipline, re related field with strong chemistry component.
- Strong understanding of Laboratory Equipment and its applications.
- Experience with SAP
Preferred Skills, Abilities, Knowledge:
- Experience in people management
- Strengths: Action-oriented, collaborates, communicates effectively, plans and aligns, drives Results
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels and teams of the organization, our customers and third parties.
- Enthusiasm to ideate and challenge the norm, and to support innovation and efficiency improvements.
- Direct experience running analytical testing in laboratory environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment and chemistries.
- Experience in Data Analysis and Data visualization (PowerBI)
- Strong grasp of Management of Change processes
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent mathematics and IT skills
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.ID:uDnQdo