Techniplas is a global supplier of sophisticated plastic components and design-focused, multifunctional surfaces that are primarily for the automotive sector, as well as the industrial, consumer goods, medical and other markets. The company’s products follow industry trends like weight reduction and vehicle electrification, innovative operating concepts, high-quality surface finishes, and an increasing focus on convenience and safety.
The Techniplas Group runs 30 sites worldwide with production, sales and / or technology hubs and employs just under 4,000 members of staff. The company serves customers and platforms around the world, focusing on technological expertise and collaboration with customers in the fields of design and engineering. Techniplas has long-term relationships with many of the world’s leading automotive and industrial OEMs.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Quality Manager is responsible for managing the Quality Management system, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement/waste reduction at the site, and development within the organization for better problem-solving capability.
JOB DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Directs activities and resources to maintain third party registration to IATF standards, which will include being a member of the management review team and overseeing the system along with document and data control.
- Evaluates current state Quality system and identifies gaps based on customer needs and further need to eliminate waste. Identify initiatives/improvement activities to close gaps.
- Ensures all required audits within the facility are performed to meet required results.
- Reviews company processes, procedures, and capabilities to sustain the most cost-effective and efficient methods for meeting quality requirements throughout the business and make recommendations for improvement as required.
- Acts as leader in improving auditing plans and systems including adherence to auditing schedules and maintaining of standards.
- Ensures that Customer related procedures are being followed and that Operations Leadership are taking correct action.
- Communicates with customers on any complaints, questions, or concerns; completes required documentation for customers. Ensures Operations Leadership are taking correct actions.
- Tracks external customer Quality issues, e.g., concerns, rejections, PPM, and 8D problem solving. Summarizes information and communicates with Leadership.
- Summarizes Customer Service Scorecards and communicates results regularly.
- Ensures facility is meeting all requirements for Customer Service performance awards.
- Develops long term strategy to improve Customer Scorecards. Creates execution plans and supports the facility in implementation.
- Aids Operations Leadership and team in helping to receive Customer Approval for Process or Product Changes.
- Works with Engineering to develop project launch strategy, capital needs, program timing in support of all APQP, PPAP, MSA and IATF 16949 requirements.
- Assists in daily review of production quality performance and scrap cost following Pareto thinking with activities linked to correct problem-solving techniques.
- Works to take specific defects to zero.
- Summarizes activities and results, including supporting financial related activity.
- Creates and executes a strategic plan to develop strong problem-solving culture within team.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of related experience in automotive manufacturing from a tier supplier (preferred) and with supervision of staff in the quality area.
- Strong process and problem-solving tools- Six Sigma, RedX, SPC, APIX
- Great computer, documentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Critical and analytical thinking, excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Travel will be minimal (less than 10%).