SMS group Inc. - East Pittsburgh
Responsible for managing the Company’s quality systems, customer quality expectations, internal/external and regulatory quality compliance.
Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
What you'll do
- Assist in developing and standardizing methods by which performance metrics are established and reported
- Oversee ISO compliance and certification for Technical Spares
- Develop and oversee OEM NCR processes and IAP programs/systems
- Conduct internal and external supplier audits
- Lead supplier development improvements with purchasing
- Train in-plant Quality personnel as required
- Assist in reviewing work instructions, routers, drawings and inspection documents
- Participate in registration/surveillance audits as required
- Ensure corrective actions are properly generated and effectively closed
- Ensure document and records controls are maintained
- 20% travel required to project sites and/or suppliers
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
What you'll need
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university in Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 15 years in industrial setting with Quality responsibilities
- Must be well versed in both Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC)
- High level managerial experience with proven results
- Strong QA/QC credentials with professional accreditations
- ISO Lead Auditor experience
- Strong organizational, communication, statistical, and computer skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and global SC hubs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Computer Skills: SAP, GSS, Spreadsheet and Word Processing Software
What we offer
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.