Quality Specialist/Engineer , Product & Supplier Quality COE, Houston or Remote
Are you passionate about driving world class product and supplier quality programs?
Do you enjoy implementing process improvements?
Join our Team!
For standardizing and leading projects for quality processes & execution within their defined scope. The role will utilize world class quality methodologies such as APQP, six sigma, control charts and other industry leading quality tools & practices to drive organizational efficiency on strategic projects. The Quality Specialist/Engineer, Product & Supplier Quality COE is a full-time position that reports into the Product & Supplier Quality COE Manager.
Partner with the best
Health, Safety and Environment
- Actively participating in HSE programs as assigned
- Keeping work areas of the facility in a safe, clean and organized manner at all times in accordance with 6S Checklist.
- If ever you see anyone around you performing an unsafe act or working in an unsafe condition, immediately Stop Work and report to your lead/supervisor/manager.
- If ever any HSE incident takes place, Stop Work and report immediately to your lead/supervisor/manager Quality.
- If ever you see anyone around you doing something that could potentially jeopardize the quality of a product immediately Stop Work and report to your lead/supervisor/manager
Delivery / Production
- Facilitating and leading process development and continuous improvement of assigned quality function.
- Participating and supporting the investigation of quality processes and development of the improvement in these processes.
- Performing data analysis of key quality function performance.
- Facilitating sharing of best practices across PLs and leverages these for OFS business standardization of the assigned quality function.
- Partnering with key stakeholders and managers to provide consultation as a subject matter expert in product and supply quality programs.
- Driving the quality culture throughout the organization.
Fuel your Passion!
- Bachelor's degree (or Global degree equivalent)
- Accredited Lean Six Sigma Green belt
- Minimum 5 years of quality, mfg, supply chain or related experienc
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits