Quality Technician 2nd Shift (2pm-1030pm)
LiDestri Foods and Drink
About LiDestri Food and Drink
LiDestri Food and Drink has grown from our roots as a pasta sauce and salsa manufacturer to become an R&D engine, formulating and producing innovative food and beverage products for our national and retailer brand partners. A family-run company based in Rochester, NY, LiDestri employs over 1,200 people across five U.S. locations. We have decades-long partnerships with some of the most respected consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies and the most highly inventive retailer brands.
Excellent Pay and Benefits:
- Great career-pathing
- Health insurance with premium contributions
- Dental, vision, HSA
- 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- 401k – with employer match
- Paid time off to include- vacation, sick pay, wellness time off, and 10 holidays
- Company bonuses
- And many more….
This position is responsible for monitoring the food safety and quality of products and services to ensure they meet all customer and regulatory standards by utilizing quality tools and systems application.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all required product and batch inspection responsibilities.
- Maintain work areas and equipment within GMP and GLP standards
- Place non-conforming raw materials, packaging, and finished products on hold as required.
- Perform required analytical and microbiological testing as defined by Food Safety and Quality systems
- Verify product codes and chart recorders.
- Perform microbiological activities including but not limited to ATP swabs, culture swabs, plating, BacT/Alert3D and 3M film plating. (As required by facility)
- Monitor thermal process checks including pasteurizer temps and packaging sterilization processes.
- Participate in GMP, GLP, Food Safety, Food Quality programs
- Ensure measurement accuracy by keeping lab equipment in calibration and in operating order through preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verify product codes and chart recorders;
- Perform analytical testing on product, water, raw materials, ingredients, packaging, etc.
- Analyze, interpret and utilize statistical process control data to make informed decisions
- Perform 24-hour sensory evaluation of products in the lab.
- Participate in internal inspections and audits.
- Maintain accurate paperwork and records to meet all government and company requirements, physical and electronic.
- Communicate quality, food safety and compliance concerns immediately for prompt resolution.
- Communicate quality results and collaborate with cross functional departments to resolve issues timely.
- Collect samples (retention, customer)
- Organize and maintain the sample storage and retain area.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (bump cap, hair net, ear plugs, beard net (if applicable), Kevlar gloves, safety glasses and leather skid resistant work shoes/boots);
- Ability to apply intermediate computer and communication skills, math functions, and reasoning;
- Ability to use tools/gauges (refractometer, salt titrator, acid titrator, PH meter, color meter, moisture meter, consitometer);
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently;
- Previous experience in quality control, preferred.
Traditional manufacturing environment; with exposure to
- Loud noises
- Long periods of standing and or moving
- Hot and or cold conditions
- Wet and or dry conditions
- Working around moving mechanical parts/conveyors
- Lifting/carrying <50 pounds
- Frequent reaching/pulling/climbing stairs/stooping/kneeling/bending
- Potentially working with caustic chemicals
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Employee Value Proposition
Our purpose and our promise is to actively nourish at every touchpoint; this starts with nourishing our workforce and extends to nourishing our many communities. We provide a safe and respectful environment, meaningful careers, awesome benefits, a world class wellness program… all of which inspire unity and collaboration amongst our LiDestri “family”.