Quality Technician- First Shift
Metal Craft Machine & Engineering, Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
RIVERSIDE, located in Eau Claire, WI is a precision machining company. Our company mission is to provide custom precision manufacturing and innovative services to medical, aviation, space, defense, and emerging high-tech industries.
Our Culture is best in class!
“Built right. Every time” is not just a slogan. A career at RIVERSIDE is rewarding for far more reasons than you might imagine. We build things that make a difference in people’s lives. We understand there are lots of choices out there, that is why for over 40 years we have been providing stability, a safe and clean environment, challenging work and are invested in the growth of our people to take them as far as they want to go. At RIVERSIDE, your experience and expertise are highly valued, your contributions are recognized, and your professional goals are supported.
The QUALITY TECHNICIAN will identify and raise quality issues through inspecting product to ensure all product complies with internal and customer quality standards. Perform inspections on incoming raw materials, first piece and in-process product, using various inspection fixtures, gages, measuring devices and equipment to ensure that accurate measurements are completed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
• Use appropriate measuring tools and equipment to verify dimensional and functional requirements.
• Conduct in-process validations, in-process inspections, and monitoring, analyzing the quality of manufacturing processes and products.
• Perform containment activities preventing potential or additional quality defects.
• Perform formal documented First Article Inspection (FAI) reports for internal and external customers.
• Make recommendations to develop and maintain control charts for monitoring / improving performance.
• Aid in performing product reviews and analysis to determine cause and/or disposition.
• Assist with internal and external audit support.
• Problem solve for both product and manufacturing processes.
• Effectively communicate with cross-functional areas
• Assist in developing and maintaining control charts for monitoring / improving performance.
• High School diploma; preferred a diploma or associates degree in Quality Assurance or related manufacturing
• Minimum 0-2 years quality assurance experience
• General knowledge in use of standard inspection equipment and basic hand tools, such as: calipers, micrometers, steel rules, pin gages, go-no-go gages, CMM and Vision equipment
• General knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), engineering drawings and specifications, sampling techniques, and safety information.
• General familiarity with ISO 13485, AS 9100, FDA Quality System Regulations, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• General knowledge in problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to think independently.
• Ability to demonstrate a record of good performance in meeting high standards of quality, quantity and dependability (attendance and punctuality).
• Good listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate and work well with others.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be detail oriented to keep accurate records and files.
• Show initiative in work by being a self-starter, suggesting new ideas for completing a job, giving input as to how to improve the efficiency of a job, and organizing work time in order to complete jobs in a timely matter.
• People – We can do it
• Innovation – We work together
• Service – We honor our word
• Quality – We do what’s right
Monday-Thursday 5:00am – 3:30pm + overtime on Friday as needed
Benefits Eligible Position: Health/HSA, Dental, Vision, Wellness Program, PTO/vacation, Holiday Pay, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
Metal Craft and Riverside are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class. ID:uDnQdo