San Luis Obispo, CA
Quality Technician—San Luis Obispo, CA
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Technician is responsible for the evaluation of a finished product for quality and reliability. The Quality Technician also tracks data for a range of audits, including dimensional, visual, and system. This individual works with the Operations team to perform root cause analysis and document non-conformances, while facilitating the disposition of those goods in a timely manner. This position requires a person to have a positive attitude, excellent attendance, and a sense of urgency.
What’s in it for you?
- The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is: $22.50 - $44.56. At Pentair, it is not typical for an individual to be hired near the bottom or top of the pay range. Pentair considers various factors in determining actual compensation for this position at the expected location. Actual compensation will be determined by considering demonstrable level of experience, skills, knowledge, and training, pertinent education including licensure and certifications, and other relevant business or organizational needs.
- Eligibility for annual pay increases based on company & individual performance
- 11 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks of vacation to start (accrued weekly)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement to support your education goals
More details about the opportunity:
- Monitor raw materials; work in process and finished products to assure quality.
- Perform quality system audits and initiate applicable procedural changes if required.
- Provide training to operators as required.
- Perform dimensional analysis and product testing as required.
- Perform field failure analysis as required.
- Coordinate data collection and summaries for individual product lines as required.
- Select, construct and apply basic quality tools such as Pareto diagrams on internal and external quality concerns.
- Have at least four years experience in a Quality function, and or experience within a manufacturing environment
- Know how to use necessary measurement tools, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, comparator, CMM equipment
- Have knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- Have a working knowledge of statistical and mathematical analysis along with scientific techniques to aid decision-making
- Be able to lift frequently 10-15 pounds and infrequently 25-65 pounds, as well as regularly bend and reach
Position hours/shift (Overtime Available!):
Monday - Friday: 7am to 3:35 p.m.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory