Job Description and Qualifications
At Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse and most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
Reimagine What’s Possible
Do you have maintenance and troubleshooting skills with an interest in working for the safest, most profitable industrial gas company? Apply today and consider joining our Amazing team! Our Gardner location in Bethlehem has an opportunity for you!
Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD) is a Fortune 500 company that serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Our organization is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment.
Gardner Cryogenics, a division of Air Products, has immediate openings for an experienced Test Technician at our Bethlehem PA Facility.
This position will be working on the factory floor, performing various inspection tasks. Visual inspection, and various types of leak testing are employed - pressure and helium. Must be able to read and understand drawings and clearly document test results as required. The ability to follow direction and work in a self-directed, safe manner is required.
- Perform receiving visual and dimensional measurement inspection of raw material components.
- Helium leak testing and gas purity analysis of equipment is also required.
- This job includes activities such as helium leak testing, related troubleshooting, repair/inspection of components, and gas purity certification of components and final assemblies.
This Test Technician/Inspector must have working knowledge and safe use of hand tools including wrenches, sockets, crimp tools, volt ohm meters, micrometers, gauges, jigs and fixtures. This position requires inspection and general tool maintenance. Mass spectrometer and gas purity analyzer knowledge, computer use, email, Microsoft Office and SAP experience is preferred. The position requires the employee to work within a clean area and cleanroom work environment. In the cleanroom the employee will wear a cleanroom hair cover, face cover, cleanroom smock with Latex or Nitrile gloves.
- High school diploma/GED
- Must be a self-starting, motivated individual with good written and communication skills that will work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment while following safety and process controls.
- Team and individual work must be completed while learning new equipment assembly and integrating continuous improvement.
- Must be able to interpret and follow written and verbal work instructions, mechanical and electrical schematics and engineering mechanical and point to point wiring drawings.
- Must have electrical and wiring experience.
Physical requirements of the position include:
- Gas purity analysis and leak testing work requires lifting up to 40 lbs. 5 times per day and transferring this weight to a cart either at the same level or down at knee height.
- It also requires a hand pinch grip twisting movement to open and close manual valves 35 inch-lbs. force and regulators 40 to 50 times per day along with tightening mechanical connections using wrenches up to 40-foot lbs. 20 to 30 times per day.
- Receiving inspection requires lifting boxes up to 50 lbs. from floor height to a rack that is knee height up to shoulder height. Boxes are 10 to 30 lbs. and require lifting 20 to 30 times per 8-hour shift.
- Push or pull metal boxes on wheels that easy roll 200 lbs. 10% of time.
- The classification also requires 1-2 hours of intermittent computer work while seated.
- The candidate is required to climb and descend 4 to 5 steps during gas purity analysis 20 to 30 times per day.
Technical School Graduates: Students with a background in Industrial Systems, Machine Tool Technology, Electromechanical Technology, Mechatronics, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Process Technology, Electrical Technology, Instrumentation Technology are encouraged to apply.
Military Veterans: Air Products is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company value the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where we put safety first, diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products is committed to working with and providing a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us at [email protected]. General application status inquiries are not answered by this mailbox rather you’ll receive an e-mail directly from our Career Center and/or the Talent Acquisition Specialist.