Radio Flyer Store Manager
Radio Flyer, Inc.
Radio Flyer is known for our iconic little red wagon, and we are always dreaming up FUNomenal new ways to deliver joy to families by introducing new products every year. Radio Flyer is a recognized leader in the toy industry, with our corporate headquarters located in Chicago. From wagons and tricycles to battery powered eBikes, Go-Karts and Tesla ride-ons, our Chicago-based team innovates in every product category we enter. We are excited to announce our newest venture into retail at the Radio Flyer Store located in Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL, coming November 2023!
For over a century, Radio Flyer has served as the first set of wheels for generations of kids. We have helped inspire creative play as wagons transformed into rocket ships, race cars and airplanes, transporting children anywhere they imagined. Now, with over a billion Radio Flyer wheels on the road, we are introducing a retail experience that aligns with our mission to bring smiles to kids of all ages. A place to experience firsthand the magic of our products, including our newest line of FLYER™ eBikes and scooters.
The Radio Flyer Store will provide the ultimate brand experience with unique play spaces for kids of all ages to try products like Go-Karts and Scooters on our specially designed Test Track, as well as a free FLYER™ eBike test ride experience. Customers can utilize our friendly-staffed Service Center to assemble new or repair loved Radio Flyer and FLYER™ products. Not to mention, The Radio Flyer Store visitors can get their hands on exclusive products, available only in-store. We are excited for our fans to interact with our brand like never before at the Radio Flyer Store!
Radio Flyer has consistently been recognized as a top workplace nationally and locally, in addition to being recognized for strong social and environmental performance with a B Corp Certification. Our team has received numerous awards over the years including Fortune’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Chicago Innovation Awards, People Magazine’s Companies that Care, the Daily Herald’s Best Places to Work in Illinois, and WayUp’s Top Internship Programs nationwide. Robert Pasin, Chief Wagon Officer and grandson of company founder Antonio Pasin, was recently recognized as a Top CEO of 2021 on Glassdoor. Radio Flyer is also proud to have been named a top workplace for women, minorities, and LGBTQIA+ community members over the years by Crain’s, Daily Herald and Vault.
At Radio Flyer, we welcome and appreciate all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives — encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We are committed to a culture that embraces feedback, collaboration, and innovation to achieve great results and drive business growth. At Radio Flyer we live by the Little Red Rule, “Every time we touch people’s lives, they will feel FUNomenal!”
The Radio Flyer Store Manager will captain our ship as Radio Flyer embarks on this exciting new adventure into retail! This leader will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive and inclusive environment that brings the Radio Flyer brand and Vision, Mission & Values to life for all customers and Radio Flyer Store employees. The Store Manager will develop procedures, be a thought partner, and play a key role in the activities and decisions made within the Radio Flyer Store to drive sales. In addition to owning the day-to-day operations within the Radio Flyer Store, they will hire, train, and coach the best talent to deliver a consistent “Little Red Rule” experience and maintain store operational excellence.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead Radio Flyer Store team in cultivating and delivering Radio Flyer “FUNatical,” World-Class Service to create personalized experiences that delight customers. Own customer service resolution with grace and effectiveness.
- Create a culture of excellence and deliver outstanding quality, by establishing metrics and expectations including but not limited to sales, inventory management, visual merchandising, safety, loss prevention, cash handling, and payroll/scheduling to meet business needs.
- Achieve the Radio Flyer Store sales and profitability by modeling exemplary customer service and maintaining budget.
- Recruit and hire a great diverse team of Radio Flyer Store talent to support day-to-day operations and provide on-going coaching, feedback, and development.
- Develop thoughtful onboarding and training process to drive understanding and empowerment of Radio Flyer’s Vision, Mission & Values.
- Connect with the community by creating and coordinating engaging Radio Flyer Store events.
- Manage one of a kind Test Track and eBike Ride Experience; manage the Radio Flyer Service Center.
- 5+ years of retail leadership experience
- Strong leadership abilities, business acumen, and organizational skills
- Proven experience of developing great talent and building a team
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Available to work a variety of hours to meet the needs of the business, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and possible holidays. Able to work a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Ability to lift and mobilize large items while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
Above all, the individual must commit to our values:
FUNatical Customer Service
Live with Integrity
Yes I Can
Excellence in Everything
Responsible for Success
We are looking for people who live our values and support our vision and mission!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please apply online at www.radioflyer.com/careers