Radiology Technician – MSSI
Janus Global Operations, LLC
Cape Canaveral, FL
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!
Candidates selected for a position must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved reasonable accommodation request on file for a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from complying with Acuity's mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
To request a reasonable accommodation form, email email@example.com
Acuity International is currently seeking a Radiology Technician to our Middle East Programs.
Location: Deploying to Iraq
The primary responsibilities of the Position include the following:
- Provides medical services at the scope and level of a Radiology Technician to preserve the health of employees and client personnel.
- Performs diagnostic imaging examinations like X-rays, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, mammography and ultrasound. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position; adjustment equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radio-graph or other media by following established standards and procedures; developing radio-graphs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies and inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must have completed an approved Radiology Technician program leading to a Diploma, Certificate or associate degree.
- Must have unrestricted state license or be American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certified.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience as Radiology Technician is required.
- Must have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Must be experienced in performing CT procedures, including contrast exams.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes and flexibility in work requirements to include potential shift changes based on operational needs and/or command priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills to research and resolve inquiries and respond in a timely manner.
- All healthcare providers must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 6 of the last 12 months in desired career field.
- Must have a current U.S. passport.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Clearance.
- Must meet pre-deployment physical requirements.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Location of services may at times be in remote, austere or challenging environments.
- May require bending, stooping and lifting as required for patient care and transport.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:Acuity-CHS, LLC