Railcar Repair Technician
Green River, WY
Union Tank Car Company
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Union Tank Car Company (UTLX)
Provides leasing, manufacturing, and repair services to our customers and owns/manages one of the largest fleets of railroad tank cars in North America. Our manufacturing plants are state-of-the-art, and our fleet is maintained by a large, sophisticated repair network consisting of geographically-placed repair shops and mobile repair crews. With over 126 years in this industry, UTLX has a long history that provides a solid name and foundation on which to build customer relationships. UTLX is financially stable and a Berkshire Hathaway company. Our field site locations currently number about 80 throughout North America. We are searching for people with a positive outlook and strong work ethic, to be part of the UTLX success story.
The Railcar Technician conducts all aspects of repair and maintenance on tank cars. This person must demonstrate good leadership and team skills while being a safety-conscious person.
- Railcar Repair – always uses current repair procedures. Conducts railcar inspections to ensure cars are in compliance and performs repairs as necessary.
- Customer Support – Meets the expectations and requirements of all customers to ensure their satisfaction of work.
- Clerical – ensures that all necessary invoicing, inspection, work order information is complete.
- Maintains all certifications, including tank car welding, complete and maintain required certifications, demonstrates strong familiarity with AAR rules and regulations.
- Other work-related tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have mechanical aptitude, ability to problem-solve and to make decisions. Ability to use hand tools (such as pipe wrenches, pry bars, wrenches, ratchets, and other equipment to chip and grind weld slag or spatter).
- Must handle and successfully complete basic railcar repairs and inspections.
- Consistently demonstrate skill in customer relations, using good interpersonal skills and be able to work as a part of a team.
- Demonstrate welding abilities with an increasing display of performance. Ongoing improvement in skill and knowledge of railcar repairs.
- Must work in all types of weather conditions.
- Valid Driver’s License
- A strong emphasis in welding.
- Must be able to stoop for extended periods and routinely move from kneeling to standing positions
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds from the ground surface
- Must be able to climb ladders and perform work at elevated heights
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to physically fit into a man-way opening as small as 20” in diameter
- Must be able to pass company physical exam.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.